Assistant Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Assistant Project Manager Job Description
We are currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager for our North Wilkesboro office location. This position will provide assistance to our Project Managers in a variety of aspects for construction projects including contracts, proposals, job costing, payment applications, purchasing, estimating, and scheduling.
An Assistant Project Manager must possess excellent organizational skills and leadership qualities. They must be efficient and technically-oriented. Individual must be enthusiastic about the challenges of the job and motivated by a genuine natural expression to grow the company, by engaging people to create lasting business minded relationships. The Assistant Project Manager will partner with the Project Manager from bid through close out.
A candidate for this position would be able to interact with a variety of staff at all levels while remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Assistant Project Manager Qualities
- Strong client focus
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with all parties involved, while handling difficult issues and/or personalities
- Prioritize and multitask successfully with a high level of organization
- Priorities are clearly set and executed efficiently
- Able to fully communicate
- Communication is imperative. Be able to effectively present ideas – both verbally and visually - then listen to the feedback.
- Have a high level of integrity
- Integrity is: not withholding communications, being truthful always, doing work thoroughly and completely, working from a context that inspires and empowers you , being conscious of your choices, completing task as they are intended to be done (and completing them thoroughly and on time), and being present to the impact of your choices.
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to analyze a situation/problem, then take the appropriate steps or actions to produce an effective result without direct supervision
Assistant Project Manager Responsibilities
- Perform cost control and financial management
- Work with preconstruction on project estimate and schedule
- Work with buy outs for subcontractors and trades
- Coordinate scopes of work
- Review and compile pay applications, change request, and other project financial documentation
- Partner with the Project Manager
- Award subcontracts
- Maintain subcontractor’s invoicing weekly to insure they are in budget and on schedule
- Oversee budget for and make recommendations for subcontractors and trade partners
- Maintain project time line/schedule
- Coordinate with client project selections to insure the project remains on schedule
- Project site organization and cleanliness
- Project site progression photos
Assistant Project Manager Job Requirements
- Associates / Bachelors of Business Administration or Construction Management
- Construction Experience Preferred but Not Required
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds safely
- Ability to climb ladders
- Knowledge of power tools and large equipment preferred but not required
MBI BUILDERS LLC
529 Main StreetNorth Wilkesboro, NC
Get fresh Assistant Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.