Occupation Medicine Physician - Denver Northeast
- $110 to $125 Hourly
Working in coordination with the other members of the Center Leadership Team and under Direction of the State and Regional Medical Directors, the Center Medical Director shall deliver the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, and caring manner. The Center Medical Director drives daily center execution following the industrial athlete model, inspires colleague accountability to provide superb patient and employer experience, and is responsible for the assigned clinic’s daily medical functions. The Center Medical Director’s leadership combines broad vision with a critical eye for internal operations and quality assurance. The Center Medical Director contributes to the success of MBI’s business strategy by providing deep subject matter expertise as appropriate, executing on the 13 competitive advantages, ensuring medical operations are meeting key performance indicators, inspiring clinical staff, and helping shape the company’s future at the Center level.
Job duties and qualifications listed below are in addition to the “Physician” job description.
Patient Care/Customer Experience/Quality:
- Delivers direct patient care daily, ensuring integrity of all clinical procedures, documentation, and the maintenance of up-to-date protocols, including risk management.
- Ensures day-to-day execution of quality care, and customer and colleague satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations.
- Utilizes Evidence Based Medicine with a focus on early intervention and patient empowerment/responsibility. Creates an appropriate treatment environment and ensures documentation and billing are clear, relevant, accurate, and thorough.
- Works with Regional & State Medical Directors to manage clinical staffing, scheduling, and operations, in order to optimize patient outcomes while meeting key performance indicators.
- Strives to execute Center goals to build customer loyalty. Serves at the primary contact point for Employers/Clients with questions regarding the medical care of the injured employee.
- Responds quickly and professionally to requests of employer clients, including on site tours and educational presentations.
- Supervises pre-employment testing program, including working with Sales and Clinic Administrator to facilitate new client set up process.
- Leader of the Medical Center, alongside the Center Administrator. Provides Center’s clinical and quality oversight. Identifies clinical improvement opportunities and works with clinical leadership to improve.
- Leverages clinical guidance for resolving provider quality issues.
- Attends and co-leads weekly Clinic Leadership Team “CLT” meetings.
- Assesses strengths and developmental opportunities of medical providers. Provides access to training and incentive plan information (where applicable) to enhance colleague performance.
- Fosters a “community of Practice” through peer-based learning and interaction with clinical colleagues.
- Provides input into the design and implementation of educational programs for patients and medical staff.
- Shapes the culture of the Medical Center. Consistently recognizes individual performance and encourages progression. Motivates and inspires team to higher levels of engagement, productivity, and personal achievement. Provides regular, timely guidance/feedback.
- Building trust within the clinical team, leading by example; makes choices that are consistent with MBI ethical principles; is emotionally intelligent; manages self and relationships effectively.
- Facilitates resolution of interpersonal and performance issues of medical providers at the Center.
- Supervision: provides peer review of junior providers including periodic chart reviews and feedback sessions that focus on maintaining the highest standards of patient care, documentation, and accurate billing/coding.
Growth and Financial Analysis:
- Builds relationship with new and existing clients. Provides on site tours of the clinic and discusses the MBI model/13 competitive advantages to gain trust and grow the client base.
- Reviews Center financial performance and KPI’s with the CA to ensure optimal results and implement action plans, as needed.
- Works with Regional and State Medical Directors regularly to understand all financial aspects of the clinics productivity (practice patterns, referrals, scheduling, patients per hour, P&L etc...).
- Ensures level of service/coding is being optimized for every visit and is supported by appropriate documentation
- Supervisory responsibility for all Physicians, APPs, Radiology Techs and Medical Assistants in the Center.
- Supervision includes yearly written evaluations, assessment, definition, and/or modification of individual job duties of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants
- Collaboration with CA for annual reviews of Medical Assistants and X-ray Technicians.
- Solid, demonstrated knowledge of the practice and application of occupational medicine. Working knowledge of laws and regulations governing rehabilitation services; of worker’s compensation and clinical procedures/processes; and of diagnoses and treatment of occupational injury and disease.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures. Sound administration and management skills.
- Ability to instruct, teach, and correct. Confident and professional demeanor with medical providers, administrators, and clients.
- Ability to perform treadmill stress tests, preferred.
- Board Certified/ Eligible
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates with experience in UC, FP, IM, ER, Sports Medicine, or Ortho
- Current state licensure
- Current DEA licensure
- M.D. or D.O. trained
- Experience/ability to suture
- Authorized to work in the USA
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multidiscipline setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer Skills and Electronic Medical Records system experience.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good judgment, dependability, and integrity
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Spanish/English bilingual a plus
At MBI our daily efforts to provide accessible, convenient care to people who’ve been injured at work are a team effort. Every employee and every role are necessary and valued. Rewarding the dedication and commitment of our employees extends beyond a paycheck. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer to full-time employees:
- Performance Bonus Program
- Collaborative Work and Care Environment
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401 K with Employer Match
- CME Allowance with Time Off
- Medical Dental and Vision Coverage
- Significant Personal and Professional Growth Opportunities
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
MBI Acquisition Corp80010, CO
Get fresh Occupation Medicine Physician - Denver Northeast jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.