Thriving Property Management Company seeking a qualified Senior Facility Operations Manager for a 300,000 square foot LEED Gold commercial facility in Washington, DC.
- Overall management with day-to-day implementation of those policies, procedures, and programs that will assure a well-managed, well maintained building, placing maximum emphasis on positive response to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs, in coordination and conjunction with the building's goals and objectives.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day operational management of all aspects of the property to assure maintenance of approved quality standards. The Facility Manager shall also prepare, coordinate and insure that all fire, life safety and other safety programs are established and followed in conjunction with the Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Supervision of all maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the property.
- Responsible for positive and prompt response to requests from the client and for the implementation of ongoing contract programs to constantly assess the facility's needs and to assure problems are being solved promptly and to the mutual benefit of the client and the property. On call 24/7.
- Oversees the selection of contract services, vendor negotiation of service agreements and day-to-day monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Develop and administer the Property Operating Plan and Budget, subject to the approval of the Chief Operating Officer, for the properties. Collection, analysis and reporting of such statistical data as may be required to provide accurate and current assessment of property management objectives.
- Monthly inspections
- Ensure adherence with the Corporate Expectations Manual
- Day-to-day financial management of the property and maintenance of all necessary financial records and files.
- Maintains a positive image of himself/herself at all times in the community. The Facility Manager shall strive to attend and participate in outside or in-house activities, meetings, organizations, regulatory agencies, etc., as approved or directed by the Chief Operating Officer, to enhance this image.
- Participate in continuing education programs and in-house meetings and training sessions, as approved or directed by the Chief Operating Officer.
- The Facility Operations Manager is expected to implement, control, be knowledgeable of (but not limited to) and have the ability to speak intelligently about the following aspects of the property:
- Contract Administration
- Capital Improvements / Tenant Improvements
- Engineering & Preventive Maintenance
- Energy Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Plan or Property Operating Plan
- Activity Reports
- Emergency Procedures
- Policy Manual and Administration
- School Representative Relations
- Operations Sequences
- Personnel Administration
- Employee Relations
- All Applicable Municipal, Sate & Federal Codes and Regulations
- LEED Implementation (if applicable)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of facility management experience, ideally in a comparable size property.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships with team members, tenants and vendors.
- Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize work and attention to detail.
- Strong customer-service skills.
- Ability to adapt to change within the organization and the needs of the client.
- Past experience managing a staff
- Ability to be on call 24/7
Bachelor’s Degree in business, real estate, finance or equivalent, a plus but not required
Property management certification for DC (or willing to become certified)
CPM, RPA desired
MBB Affiliates, LLC
Why Work Here?
Great benefits with room to grow!