The Census Questionnaire Assistance Instructor (Trainer) is responsible for delivery of new hire training and ongoing training of contact center staff at a United States Census Bureau (USCB) CQA contact center site. This includes training Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) as well as Supervisors, Lead CSR, Quality Assurance staff, and Workforce Management staff. A CQA Instructor (Trainer) must be knowledgeable in all areas of the contact center and be well-versed in training content in order to successfully train staff on CQA job tasks, as well as corporate policies and procedures. Trainers are responsible for the learning environment while in the site classroom or virtual classroom. The Trainer will report to the Site Training Manager.
- Attend Train-the-Trainer at local contact center site.
- Facilitate virtual-instructor led training (VILT) classes for CQA CSRs, using Adobe Connect.
- Ensure site classrooms are well stocked and that all equipment is in working order.
- Conduct VILT for Supervisors, Lead CSR, Quality Assurance staff, and Workforce Management staff.
- Supervise and report on progress of trainees during training period. Identify performance issues, provide corrective action and suggest termination for CSRs not meeting performance criteria in the training classroom.
- Apply knowledge of the CQA Training Program and Quality Call Monitoring guidelines.
- Take calls and act as roaming Supervisors during All-Hands situations. May be required to act as a Supervisor or Quality Assurance Monitor during peak performance times.
- Foster open communication with Supervisory and Quality Assurance team and actively strive to develop strong working relationships with all contact center personnel.
- Attend conference calls and meetings, as needed.
- Transition to another role (e.g., CSR, Lead CSR, QA Monitor) after new hire training is fully deployed.
- Ability to work nights, holidays, and weekends, as specified in the CQA task order.
- May be required to work hours outside of Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm local time to meet training needs.
- Associate's Degree, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
- 1-3 years of directly related experience in course instruction.
- Ability to effectively communicate by phone, in person, or through written correspondence.
- Excellent classroom training delivery skills.
- Demonstrated success with problem solving and organizational skills.
- Customer service/contact center experience preferred.
- Adobe Connect experience preferred.
- Position contingent on ability to obtain low risk suitability clearance.
- Ability to pass United State Census Bureau suitability assessment.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Adapts well to frequent change.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a training team and other functional areas.
- Ability to provide constructive coaching and feedback in a training environment.
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm about training and employee development.
- Professional demeanor and attitude.
- PC skills required, including MS products.
- Excellent communications skills, with ability to present ideas to management and peers.
In accordance with contractual requirements:
Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau.
Sponsorship: MAXIMUS is unable to provide visa sponsorship in support of 2020 CQA Program.
Residency requirement: Non-citizens must possess a valid and non-expired Permanent Resident Card or Employment Authorization Card. The suitability assessment requires residency in the United States for a cumulative period of three (3) years over a five-year period ending with the date of the security application prior to starting work in support of the 2020 CQA program.
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. Launch your career with MAXIMUS through one of our dynamic customer service centers.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.