Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a close and highly responsive relationship to the day- to-day activities of the supervisor and staff.
- Perform various clerical and secretarial duties.
- Ensure all candidates have the proper forms and supporting documentation to ensure quick, accurate and seamless application workflow.
- Check background reports on all applicants daily until cleared.
- Contact applicants via phone, email or SMS at various points in the hiring process.
- Assist HR in miscellaneous tasks related to the hiring process while adhering to all hiring practices and guidelines.
- Identify and report any trends or roadblocks in the hiring process.
- Leads a team of Staffing Coordinators, assigns work and monitors team performance.
- Ensures that all pertinent recruiting and onboarding is accurate. Importantly the Staffing Coordinator will ensure contract specific requirements and language are included in applicable offer letters.
- Initiates, monitors background investigations and contacts candidate when adverse information is found. Packages candidates background information and dialog for Adjudication team review and approval.
- Tracks drug testing, offer acceptance and paperwork initiation.
- Ensures all pre-employment paperwork is completed before finalizing hire actions.
- Processes and updates all actions using our applicant tracking system.
- As needed, coordinates candidate follow-up actions with the local Human Capital and Recruiting staff.
- Responsible for the accurate reporting of employment-related data via excel spreadsheets.
- Answers Human Capital Shared Services teams tickets and answers phone calls from Recruiters and Field HC representatives.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy and organization to minimize errors.
- Handles and maintains confidentiality as it relates to PHI and PII.
- Attends team meetings to share status of pending background checks.
- Assists Teammates with their workloads and acts as a team player.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Evening and weekend work required as needed during peak periods.
- High School diploma or GED and associate degree required,
- 2 years of relevant work experience as an administrative assistant and/or human resources professional required.
- Experience with Human Resources applications including Workday, iCIMS Applicant Tracking System and Deltek Time keeping.
- Requires proficient use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast pace environment.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment and discretion in performance of all tasks.
- Ability to work at a high level of confidentiality and experience handling PII and PHI.
- Requires independent judgment, good organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work successfully both in a team environment and independently.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor especially during difficult and stressful situations.
- Must be able to pass a Suitability check.
- Punctuality and consistent attendance required.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. Were proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.