Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
At MAXIMUS, we are building a leading digital solutions organization to better serve our organization and our clients in the government, health, and human services space.
The Scrum Master will act as a servant leader who will enable and lead one or more agile development efforts within the digital solutions organization. They will be exposed to a variety of technologies within our digital portfolio including but not limited to Web, Social, Mobile, Analytics, AI, ML, and RPA. The Scrum Master will be expected to guide teams in one or more of these technology areas on agile best practices as a hands on Scrum Master. From time to time, the Scrum Master will also be asked to act as an agile mentor or coach to operational teams and operational leadership. While the Scrum Master is expected to be an agile evangelist within our organization, they must also have demonstrated ability to tweak agile best practices beyond text-book definitions to align to and complement our existing organizational and operational nuances, understanding that one size *does not* fit all.
The Scrum Master is expected to work with the Product Owner and the scrum team to foster an environment supportive of self-organizing team that continuously works together to enhance and streamline processes by which they achieve their goals. The Scrum Master will facilitate all agile rituals and meetings (daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospectives) between the scrum team and product owner, remove impediments, encourage continuous flow, limit work in progress, and support the team to live by the values and practices of agile software development. The Scrum Master is also expected to provide timely delivery status to managers and key stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Foster an environment that promotes self-organized teams
- Coach team members and mediate through problems
- Facilitate sprint planning meetings with scrum team and Product Owner
- Organize and facilitate sprint demo meetings
- Facilitate daily stand-ups
- Conduct and facilitate sprint retrospectives
- Document areas of improvement and action items coming out of the sprint retrospectives
- Work with Product Owner(s) to keep the backlog(s) groomed
- Maintain and report on relevant sprint metrics
- Administer and maintain the accuracy of the scrum board
- Ensure quality standards for all deliverables
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Shield the team from interruptions and distractions
- Work with onshore, offshore, and distributed teams
- Proactive in the promotion of continuous process improvement
- Bachelors degree required
- Scrum Master certification from SAFe or another governing body
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated experience with practicing agile delivery methodologies
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct agile ceremonies including daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives
- Demonstrated experience with hands-on configuration and use of agile enabling tools such as JIRA, Rally, Confluence
- Demonstrated experience working with nearshore, offshore, and working in a distributed team
- Experience in delivering Web, Mobile, and RPA solutions
- Knowledge and expertise in JIRA board creation and management
- Solid communication skills and leadership
- Travel: Ability to travel as required up to 50%
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. Were proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.