- Follow defined Census program information, processes, and procedures.
- Answer inbound and outbound telephone calls in a courteous, timely, and professional manner following approved scripts and using a PC?based application.
- Respond to escalated and priority telephone inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
- In the event a CSR is unable to answer a caller's question, the lead CSR will use appropriate scripts to respond to the caller's inquiry for both inbound and outbound call types.
- Lead CSRs will respond to requests for assistance from CSRs with escalated calls by physically moving from one workstation to another throughout the day as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Census policies and procedures as applicable.
- Respond to telephone inquiries within the departmental goals for quality, schedule adherence and average handle time.
- Adhere to Census approved scripts in conducting interviews and completing forms.
- Use frequently asked questions (FAQs) and help text to look up and provide information to inquiries.
- Enter data into desktop application to accurately capture all responses.
- Adhere to the Title 13 requirements for maintaining confidentiality of all Census data.
- Continually look for and suggest process improvements that will benefit MAXIMUS and our customers (internal and external).
- Immediately report system issues to supervisor or appropriate parties.
- Part-time, weekend, and night shifts available.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- One year of related customer-service experience preferred.
- Two years of progressively responsible work experience in customer service or contact center preferred.
- Security clearance required. Position contingent on ability to obtain low-risk security clearance.
- Experience working with a PC and a Windows environment is desirable.
- Must be able to read and speak English clearly, professionally and fluently.
- Fluency in the following languages a plus: Spanish (Northern American), Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Arabic, Korean, Vietnamese, Russian. Bilingual agents will receive a pay differential and will be required to pass a language skills assessment test.
- Ability to pass United State Census Bureau suitability assessment.
- Must have the ability to organize simultaneous tasks for individual assignments and the workflow of others within the unit.
- Must be able to respond professionally to difficult or tense calls/situations that may arise out of daily duties.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks within established contractual service levels required.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work as a team member.
In accordance with contractual requirements:
Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau.
Sponsorship: MAXIMUS is unable to provide visa sponsorship in support of 2020 CQA Program.
Residency requirement: Non-citizens must possess a valid and non-expired Permanent Resident Card or Employment Authorization Card. The suitability assessment requires residency in the United States for a cumulative period of three (3) years over a five-year period ending with the date of the security application prior to starting work in support of the 2020 CQA program.
#El Paso, TX
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. Launch your career with MAXIMUS through one of our dynamic customer service centers.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.