Reimbursement Specialist II - Collector
MAXIM HEALTHCARE GROUP Columbia, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Reviews unpaid accounts to determine status and taking appropriate action to ensure payment.
- Contacts payers, via website, phone and/or correspondence, regarding reimbursement for unpaid accounts over thirty (30) days or more, or as assigned by the Team Leader and/or Operations Support Manager, by researching and following up on denials and requests for additional information.
- Contacts patients and payers as needed to collect appropriate information or to collect patient balances.
- Provides excellent customer service to branch and team partners as well as payers.
- Cultivates productive, professional relationships with payers in order to develop contacts for issue escalation and favorable resolution.
- Acts as a point of contact and subject matter expert with assigned payers.
- Assists in root cause analysis of denials and other payment issues.
- Analyzes payment/denial data to develop A/R action plans and uses problem solving strategies to execute those plans.
- Informs Team Leader and/or Operations Support Manager of trends or patterns in denials due to billing errors and payer processing errors.
- Provides regular updates on A/R progress to Billing, Financial and Branch staff.
- Works to reduce and prevent timely filing write offs for assigned payers.
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary by the Team Leader or Operations Support Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Undergraduate degree preferred
- Experience in Medical Billing, Accounts Receivables, and/or Collections within a healthcare or insurance environment required; at least one year of experience preferred
- Knowledge of HCFA , UB, ICD9/10, and CPT coding strongly preferred.
- Mastery of Maxim’s processes, systems and policies strongly preferred
- Mastery of the Reimbursement Specialist role with at least one year of successful performance strongly preferred
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, and Web-enabled applications required
- Customer service and people skills required.
- Understanding of the requirements of Medicaid, Medicare and Insurance billing strongly preferred
- High level of attention to detail, organization and time management required.
- Exhibit excellent work ethic and commitment to job responsibilities
- Must be a self-starter, with ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Capable of consistent, high quality performance based on the goal plan and Maxim’s quality processes.
- Present a positive image that reflects well on the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
**CO Specific Benefits: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Health Advocacy (company paid if enrolled Medical), Health Advocate Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account , 401(k), 401(k) Company Match, Profit Sharing, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Primary Caregiver Leave, Parental Leave, Life and Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Hospital Expense Protection Plan, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Home and Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Transportation Benefits, CommonBond, Educational Assistance Program, College Partnership Program, Paid Time Off/Company Holidays
MAXIM HEALTHCARE GROUP
For more than 30 years, we have been making a difference in the lives of our patients, caregivers, and employees. Our nationwide suite of services includes home healthcare, companion and behavioral care, healthcare staffing, and workforce solutions. Our commitment to customer service, compassionate patient care, and filling critical staffing needs makes us a trusted partner wherever healthcare is needed.