Maxim Healthcare Services is currently hiring a clinically-competent Registered Nurse (RN) to work in the home setting with a single medically-complex adult patient. Qualified candidates should have experience performing gastronomy tube feeds and changes and suctioning of the tracheostomy tube. Experience changing the inner cannula of the trach and ventilator management is preferred. This is a full-time, night shift position located in Buffalo Grove.
We are currently offering a sign-on bonus for this position, worth up to $1,000 paid over your first 4 months of work. Apply below to speak more with a recruiter.
Maxim Healthcare Services is one of the largest private duty nursing and medical staffing agencies in the country. Our Lombard office- practicing across 6 counties- is expanding, and we’re looking for nurses who want to grow with us! We are actively hiring and Registered Nurses (RNs) to assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and deliver of patient care. With Maxim, you work with patients in a one-on-one setting from the comfort of their home. A Private Duty or Registered Nurse (RN) focuses all their skills and attention on a single patient, ranging in age and acuity level. All Registered Nurses (RNs) hired will work under the supervision of an RN Clinical Supervisor. The Private Duty Registered Nurse (RN) will consistently perform according to nursing standards and is accountable in managing patient care and assisting others in the management of patient care.
Full-time night shifts are currently available, from 7:00pm to 7:00am. Maxim Healthcare Services allows nurses to build their own schedule to fit their specific needs.
While this is a full-time position, nurses seeking part-time employment are encouraged to apply.
· Provide skilled nursing care to pediatric and adult patients in a home setting
· Implement, develop, and document the plan of care to ensure quality and continuity of care for pediatric patient
· Provide health education to patients and caregivers
· Communicate effectively with the patient, caregivers, external nursing staff, and the patient’s Clinical Supervisor
· Utilize the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care
· Performs focused interview to identify specific patient needs
· Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care professionals and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses
· Other Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned
· Must have an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of employment
· LPN or RN, home health or Private Duty Nursing experience preferred
· Pediatric and Eternal Feeds experience required, Trach and Ventilator care experience preferred*
· Current CPR accredited by American Heart Association and/or American Red Cross
Compensation and Benefits
· Competitive Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
· Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
· 401(k) Plan through Wells Fargo
· Tuition Reimbursement (up to 25%) with affiliated local universities, including Chamberlain School of Nursing
· Paid Training and Free Yearly Courses, which may be applied to the Illinois Board of Nursing’s CE Requirements
· Novice Nurse and Skills Advancement programs allow nurses to advance their skills under the mentorship of experienced Clinical Supervisors
· Employee Discount Program through PerkSpot, a comprehensive discount program with 1000’s of exclusive discounts and perks from a wide variety of national and local merchants
*A Skills Advancement Program for the skills mentioned above are offered to nurses interested in advancing their skill set.
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
MAXIM HEALTHCARE GROUPFor more than 30 years, we have been making a difference in the lives of our patients, caregivers, and employees. Our nationwide suite of services includes home healthcare, companion and behavioral care, healthcare staffing, and workforce solutions. Our commitment to customer service, compassionate patient care, and filling critical staffing needs makes us a trusted partner wherever healthcare is needed.