Maxim Heatlhcare Staffing is seeking a Certified School Nurse (CSN) that identifies and treatshealth conditions among students in the school setting. The CSN providesinstruction for the student’s general well being and disease prevention. They mustassess the student’s physical conditions in the school setting and refer thestudent to appropriate resources as needed to be successful in school.
- Conducts Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetingplans as needed.
- Promotes healthy practices and nursing services to thestudents so they will be successful in general education classes
- Provides professional nursing services as defined by yourState Professional Practices Nursing
- Act and state School Nurse certification requirements
- Coordinates services with other special servicespersonnel within the school to support students in school to learn
- Communicates with School Administrators, teachers andother staff members about students with specific health problems using the HIPAA and federallaws.
- Follows the school’s district policies for health,emergency care, accidents, drug abuse and bullying
- Notifies school Administers, local health department,parents and staff about confirmed communicable diseases within your school. Follow schooldistricts policy concerning this
- Conducts and writes the necessary legal reports for theIEP meeting. Including assessment planning, Health History or Medical Review for thestudent
- Writes student’s IEP goals related to student’s health conditionthat is impacting student’s learning in school
- Follows state laws concerning Asthma, Food Allergies, useof an Epi-Pen use and Medication laws providing documentation per your school districtpolicy
- Completes and files school and state reports regardingscreenings, immunizations, physicals, etc
- Charts pertinent information on student's health file
- Develops policies, procedures and work standards forschool health program
- Monitors compliance of school health program withfederal, state and local laws, regulations and policies
- Prepares health reports for supervisor, board ofeducation and the health department
- Negotiates professional and medical services essential tothe school health program
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services
- Maintains security of school health supplies andmedication in school setting
- Instructs students in health education according to thestate curriculum (K-12)
- Serves as a resource person on health issues
- Provides staff development on health-related topics forschool staff and volunteers
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students andstaff
- Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required
- Recommends corrective action where problems are identified
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children
- Records immunizations, health findings, and otherrelevant health data
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development,symptoms of disease and discuss with parents
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between theschool, local health agency, and other community resources
- Ability to develop and maintain health records onstudents
- Ability to develop positive working relationships
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Current nursing license for the state in which the nursepractices
- Professional Educator License per state/clientrequirement
- Current health certificate (if applicable perstate/client requirement)
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- One year prior professional nursing experience preferred
- Current BLS card
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders andtreatment.
- Considerable knowledge of child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems andprocedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws andregulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Understand the school organization and the communityserved.
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to andfrom appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) viastrong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be atleast 18 years of age
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
MAXIM HEALTHCARE GROUPFor more than 30 years, we have been making a difference in the lives of our patients, caregivers, and employees. Our nationwide suite of services includes home healthcare, companion and behavioral care, healthcare staffing, and workforce solutions. Our commitment to customer service, compassionate patient care, and filling critical staffing needs makes us a trusted partner wherever healthcare is needed.