- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patient needs.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions.
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) JCAHO, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client hospital policies.
- Other Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License for the state in which the nurse practices.
- One year of full-time experience providing hands-on health care. Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) experience preferred.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- Current BLS card.
· Juveniles who are not yet convicted but may need DCF protection, have violated probation, or have criminal offenses which are waiting for disposition
· Male and female, housed in separate units
· Medical suite offers comprehensive nursing and medical services; waiting room shared with Yale Behavior Health.
· Security: Juvenile Detention Officers (JDOs) accompany juveniles to suite at all times
· Setting/Facility: locked secure detention center
· Capacity: 80 beds, Average Census: 40 – 50 juveniles
· Age Range: 10 - 18
· Typical length of stay: 14-30 days (physical required within 7 days)
· REGIONS Program within detention –approximately 12 juveniles – includes long-term stays (3-9 months), more extended treatment plans with Yale Behavioral Health-directed psychotherapeutic programs
· Ability to work independently and as a team
· Punctual and Committed (essential employees)
· Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
· Good sense of awareness
· Medication Administration (med-pass per shift)
· Intake Process (upon arrival)
· Medical record verification
· Triage duties (injuries or illness) “sick call”
· Health Educational Groups (sexual education, infection control, dental care, etc.)
· Maxim Orientation and Onboarding Process
· Online Training (PREA)
· Office Training (suicide prevention, policy binder review, and detention packet)
· On-Site Orientation (5 shadow shifts)
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
MAXIM HEALTHCARE GROUPFor more than 30 years, we have been making a difference in the lives of our patients, caregivers, and employees. Our nationwide suite of services includes home healthcare, companion and behavioral care, healthcare staffing, and workforce solutions. Our commitment to customer service, compassionate patient care, and filling critical staffing needs makes us a trusted partner wherever healthcare is needed.