Maxim HealthcareStaffing is seeking a Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) or LicensedPractical Nurse (LPN) to provide inmates with routine and emergency health carein the Medical Section of a Corrections Facility and will conduct healthhistories on inmates. When necessary, the Corrections Nurse makes referrals ofinmates to the staff physician, nurse practitioner, dentist, mental healthprofessional, or specialist in alcohol and drug abuse treatment. TheCorrections Nurse ensures all medication is administered in accordance withstandard operating procedures and as ordered by the authorizingauthority. Also, the Corrections Nurse determines the need for emergencyhospital care.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patient needs.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions.
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) JCAHO, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare Staffing, nursing and client hospital policies.
- Other Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) or License Practical Nurse (LPN) duties as assigned.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) / Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) License for the state in which the nurse practices.
- One year of full-time experience providing hands-on health care. Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) experience preferred.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- Current BLS card.
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
MAXIM HEALTHCARE GROUPFor more than 30 years, we have been making a difference in the lives of our patients, caregivers, and employees. Our nationwide suite of services includes home healthcare, companion and behavioral care, healthcare staffing, and workforce solutions. Our commitment to customer service, compassionate patient care, and filling critical staffing needs makes us a trusted partner wherever healthcare is needed.