Please review the job details below.
Maxar Technologies is looking to add a Project Manager to help lead a team supporting the customer in strategic Research and Development (R&D) enterprise investments.
Life with Us:
We're supporting a new customer with the exciting mission of developing a strategy on how Artificial Intelligence and MASINT R&D investments will fill key intelligence gaps and business models. The team will interact with all levels of the Government, from the Director of the agency to the mission elements.
We're very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose. You will work with your direct supervisor and/or a mentor to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress.
Day-to-Day with your Colleagues:
- You will work with other members of the team to develop program plans that include realistic timelines and expected outcomes upon reaching key milestones.
- You will populate the program plans by interviewing stakeholders and documenting the findings.
- Communication will be key as you will be responsible for informing the Government and contractor team on upcoming milestones and determining the risk associated with not accomplishing them, and then developing risk mitigation strategies when necessary.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI and be willing and able to obtain a CI polygraph.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree.
- Requires 3 years of experience in project management in the DoD/IC.
- 3 years of experience with Microsoft Project or other program planning/mapping software.
- Experience in developing and implementing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent.
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.
We are a vertically integrated, new space economy story, including segments across the value continuum for every moment leading up to and following launch. We lead in satellite communications (building and operating), ground infrastructure, Earth observation, advanced analytics, insights from machine learning, next-generation propulsion, space robotics, on-orbit servicing, on-orbit assembly, and protection of space assets through cybersecurity and monitoring of space systems. By integrating our leading-edge capabilities, we provide innovative, cost-effective solutions, value for customers, and thus unlock the multiplier effect of our combined businesses.