Please review the job details below.
The Maxar AIT Dynamics Test Team is looking for a highly self-motivated dynamics technician who can immediately come and make an impact. As part of the dynamics test team you will work with a highly skilled team in the vibration, shock, and acoustic testing of spacecraft and related components.
- Provide Vibration Test support for space flight hardware including subsystem and spacecraft level acceptance testing.
- Perform setup and test of satellite components undergoing vibration and acoustic testing.
- Follow vibration test procedures, shop orders and instrumentation lists
- Troubleshoot test equipment including data acquisition equipment as required
- Perform accelerometer installation, kitting, checkout, and patching.
- Provide routine maintenance for shaker tables and related support equipment.
- Able to quickly switch between support of Vibration and Acoustic testing.
- Perform functional checkouts of accelerometers to verify correct accel and cable installation
- Perform instrumentation cable patching for on-site vibration and shock testing, and acoustic testing
- Instruments components and subsystem assemblies for vibration testing.
- 2 years technical training or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of related experience is preferred. 2 years support of vibration testing, equipment operation and maintenance.
- Proficient with MS Office: Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Possess good written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to work independently and also as part of a technical team.
- Able to work in a multitask environment and easily adapt to changing testing requirements and schedules.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude and be familiar with basic hand tools.
- Able to learn to be proficient in the operation of a bridge crane and man lift.
- Able to work in the physical environment associated with vibration table and Acoustics test setup and tear down.
- Willing to work an occasional off shift, holiday, or weekend as required.
We are a vertically integrated, new space economy story, including segments across the value continuum for every moment leading up to and following launch. We lead in satellite communications (building and operating), ground infrastructure, Earth observation, advanced analytics, insights from machine learning, next-generation propulsion, space robotics, on-orbit servicing, on-orbit assembly, and protection of space assets through cybersecurity and monitoring of space systems. By integrating our leading-edge capabilities, we provide innovative, cost-effective solutions, value for customers, and thus unlock the multiplier effect of our combined businesses.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.