Technical Sales Engineer
Jumpstart your career with our client in Orangeburg, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As a Technical Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for driving sales and margin development through customer contacts, project management and technical planning and coordination. Secure that the company has the right technical setup and functionality to provide quality products with high efficiency in a safe way and contribute with effort and ideas to improve the overall business and operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related engineering field from an accredited university
- 2+ years of technical product sales in automotive industry or manufacturing enviro experience (preferred)
- Ability to read and understand technical documents and drawings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical
- Microsoft Office knowledge - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Competitive pay
- Great hours
- 1st shift
- Health Benefits
- Direct hire opportunity
- Communicate with customers about calculation, pricing, contract review and support customer problem resolution activities at RFQ, necessary customer visiting needed
- Support the order entry, price updated, shipping and other customer service activities as required
- Provide monthly sales report, compare with sales budget and analysis the coming forecast
- Support the development of the yearly Sales Forecast/Budget
- Initiate and drive new marketing activities
- Perform any assignments as directed by the director of sales and marketing and local management team
- Set up timeline for any new project, control the project process from the receiving order to PPAP approval, transfer project to internal mass production process
- Identify special characteristics in the project phase, align with customer’s quality and environmental requirement and pass over to internal function team
- Check and validate project team member activities to achieve milestones
- Monitor all the project phase shipping to customer, focusing on customer special need or any priorities
- Report project process to customer
- Set up and update operations and bill of material in the Jeeves system, implement policies, procedures and work instruction
- Lead end of production procedure to any current project when it needed
- Secure that the technical platform (main is welding station) and surrounding is maintained and upgraded for maximum performance, implement necessary standards and trainings
- Drive resolution of technical breakdowns
- Manage spare part list and annual budget
- Support new machine investment
- Secure efficient functionality of IT environment - network, computers, printers etc.
- Cooperate with IT-service providers as needed
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply