Process Engineer - Sizing
MAU Workforce Solutions Raleigh, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Process Engineer - Sizing
Expand your professional portfolio as a Process Engineer at Enviva in Raleigh, NC. As the Process Engineer, you will develop technical specifications and support the start-up and commissioning of particle sizing related equipment. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- Health Benefits
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Direct-hire opportunity
- 5-10 years of manufacturing / process engineering experience required
- Experience providing technical leadership in a regional (multi-site) capacity
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (would consider Chemical Engineering with strong mechanical inclination & skills)
- Statistical analysis skills of process data to drive critical actions
- Working knowledge of Process / Value Stream Mapping
- Design process and Failure Mode & Effects Analysis
- Process Hazard Analysis
- Working with controls engineers on PLC & HMI interactions
- Must be able to synthesize & understand technical documentation: Process Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrument Diagrams, General Arrangements, Sequence of Operations
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate to engineering staff, cross functional departments, and senior leadership
- Highly proficient in MS Office and:
- OneDrive, Teams, Visio, and Project
- Primavera P6
- Bluebeam Revu
- Oracle Aconex
- Vantage Point Historian (Process Data Trending Tool)
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- EIT Certification with pathway to Professional Engineer License
- Natural leadership ability to resolve complex multi-discipline problems
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail
- Exhibits high level of professionalism and sets an example for others to follow
- Demonstrated project management skills for ensuring project delivery to customer expectations, schedule, and budget
- Demonstrated interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem-solving skills
- Strong team building skills, including ability to coach, lead, and develop work teams, provide training, motivate/empower others, drive action, and resolve conflict
- Motivated to progress and advance career beyond this role in 2-3 years’ time
- Demonstrated results in leveraging automated controls system / DCS for troubleshooting complex processes and implementing process improvement solutions (preferred)
- Experience in the wood products industry with similar process islands and or equipment (preferred)
- Develop, define and update detailed technical specifications and engineering standards related to sizing related equipment
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) during the design, sizing and selection of equipment by delivering and communicating the advantages and disadvantages for all critical decisions
- Lead the technical aspects of commissioning, startup and full capacity ramps of both new facilities and expansion projects within existing facilities
- Deliver & drive consistency between plants by informing, coaching and promoting best practices and standards to local teams with the purpose of driving standardization and consistency across the entire company per company standards (OEMS 7.1)
- Directly support the critical needs of the business through planned and scheduled project related work as well as day to day support consisting of advanced problem solving and detailed hands on technical troubleshooting
- Articulate vision for future state as well as best in class performance metrics; develop plan and manage business functions to achieve that vision
- Lead, develop and maintain strategic technical partnerships with key vendors and equipment Manufacturers
- Conceive, plan, and execute process improvement projects to improve Enviva’s operations
- Communicate and advise key business leaders (executives and plant management) on methods and options for improving operations through technical solutions
- Create, update, and maintain standard work and operating procedures (OEMS 4.5) used to develop and train operations and maintenance teams
- Lead & own the implementation of sound engineering solutions for mitigating existing operational issues, drive continuous improvement, and introduce new technology innovations where appropriate
- Contribute and participate in formal design & drawing reviews for all capital projects from large greenfield & brownfield sites to small capital projects
- Ensure that all work, including external and internal resources, adheres to safe work practices that support a safe workplace for all
- Lead by example and demonstrate formality by ensuring that all changes are entered, thoroughly vetted, and tracked in Enviva’s MOC (Management of Change) system
- Participate and support Process Hazard Analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
MAU Workforce Solutions
MAU Workforce Solutions staffs excellent, effective people for their partners, allowing them to focus on their core competencies. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family-owned, minority company making lives better for applicants, clients, and employees through innovative workforce solutions. Today, with Branch and vendor on premise locations across the South and recruiting partners worldwide, MAU has global capabilities to help with all staffing, recruiting, and outsourcing needs.