Expand your professional portfolio as an Operations Manager with our client in Ladson, SC. As the Operations Manager, you will provide top-level leadership to the manufacturing operations, focusing on long range strategic planning and the implementation of those plans. You will also ensure that all direct reports are meeting the goals and objectives set out in the business plan and that adequate time is being committed and plans are in place to achieve these goals. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering preferred)
- 3+ years of aerospace manufacturing experience (composite manufacturing preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and develop subordinates
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead initiatives for meeting customer needs, improving performance, and engaging associates in continuous improvement, and to build collaborative relationships with other functions and organizations
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and customers
- Knowledge of Epicor software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and appropriate regulations in business management, purchasing, finance, quality assurance, and production and inventory control, as they apply to a manufacturing operation
- Ability to understand, analyze, and use financial information/reports as a management tool
- Ability to manage several activities / projects at once, to organize / prioritize work, to meet deadlines and to prepare plans and budgets
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Basic algebra and geometry skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Provide top-level leadership with regard to the manufacturing operations focusing on long range strategic planning and implementation of the plans
- Ensure that all direct reports are meeting the goals and objectives set out in the business plan and that adequate time is being committed and plans are in place to achieve these goals
- Monitor monthly production output to identify problems with delivery, quality, margins, inventory, and productivity
- Develop and implement corrective action to ensure that each problem is addressed and corrected
- Provide leadership and guidance to all direct reports, supervisors, and production assistants with a strong focus on implementing lean manufacturing and improving productivity
- Primary focus of identifying and driving out waste and inefficiency
- Ensure training programs are in place and effective
- Develop new training programs where necessary and ensure that existing programs are used and followed up on
- Coordinate with other departments outside manufacturing to make sure the information and communication between manufacturing and other departments is adequate and timely
- Coordinate daily, weekly, and monthly reporting among direct reports and submit to the appropriate people
- Identify and develop reports necessary to effectively manage manufacturing and quality to meet our overall company objectives
- Submit manufacturing plans on an annual basis in support of the overall company business plan
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply