Expand your professional portfolio as a Metals Specialist in Greer, SC. As the Metals Specialist, you will provide technical and specialized guidance to the company production areas on metals and quality topics through testing and measurement activities.
Our client, a premier automotive company, is located in the upstate area of SC. This is a long term renewable contract opportunity.
- Major Medical Coverage, including dental and vision
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Term life
- Short-term disability
- Accidental loss
- Uniform allowance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Market leading pay
- Opportunity for advancement
- Long-term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
- Associate's Degree in General Engineering or a related field
- 1+ years of related experience in materials testing, data analysis, problem solving, and technical report writing (preferred)
- 1+ years of experience operating and interpreting data using hardness test machines, various microscopes, Universal Test Machine and other materials related test machines (preferred)
- 1+ years of experience reading technical drawings and test procedures (i.e. ASTM and DIN) (preferred)
- Certification in Electron Microscopy (preferred)
- 1+ years of knowledge of equipment and general testing methods that apply to a wide variety of materials especially plastics, polymers, elastomers, leather, and textiles (preferred)
- 1+ years of experience creating documentation, writing reports and developing presentations
- 1+ years of knowledge of metals production and testing
- 1+ years of experience performing and analyzing data from microscopic, tensile, and hardness tests
- 1+ years of experience demonstrating computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Provide technical or specialized guidance to internal customers
- Evaluate and analyzes failures of metals
- Develop test methods for various testing of parts and materials
- Provide technical solutions in support of procurement, body, assembly, facilities and paint shop processes for metals
Conduct data analysis, writes reports and solves related problems
- Prepare samples of parts to be tested
- Operate microscopes (stereoscope, scanning electron microscope, x-ray and other microscopes) to conduct hardness testing and universal test machine
- Support materials non-metals testing
- Assist with the development of technical solutions within skill areas related to issues involving complexity
- Support Plant-wide PMP (Problem-Management Process), 8D, and CST (Cross-System Teams)
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
MAU Workforce Solutions