- Over a month ago
We believe that collaboration between entrepreneurs and industry leaders is the fastest, most effective way to accelerate innovation, advance care and improve lives. MATTER is organized as a not-for-profit company and was built to be a neutral platform where entrepreneurs can come together with industry leaders, scientists and clinicians from across the globe to collaborate on developing next-generation healthcare and life sciences technologies.
Commitment to Diversity
MATTER welcomes and actively encourages individuals of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for our team and our community.
About the Role
The marketing director oversees the marketing and communications functions for MATTER. A successful marketing director will continue to build the MATTER brand and expand our mission throughout the healthcare industry locally, nationally and globally. The marketing director will develop and execute strategies for brand messaging and positioning, corporate and product communications, public relations and thought leadership, as well as event strategy and execution. The marketing director will be highly resourceful and comfortable operating in a resource-constrained environment.
The person in this role will:
- Collaborate with executive team to define and implement a marketing strategy to drive business development and brand awareness
- Define, compile, interpret and report key metrics to demonstrate MATTER’s influence
- Build MATTER’s promotion strategy for startups in the portfolio and corporate partnerships’ successes and opportunities
- Design and implement MATTER’s events and community engagement strategies
- Build, implement and analyze marketing programs (including email and social) to expand the company’s brand, acquire new customers, retain existing customers and increase revenue
- Develop go-to-market strategies with key alliance partners to complement solution offerings and new product launches
- Effectively use data to identify best practices, optimize the customer experience and increase acquisition
- Champion the company’s mission, vision, messaging and brand consistency and help to instill a growth-minded culture throughout the organization
- Manage a team and budget for all related marketing activities
- 10+ years of marketing experience in B2B environments
- Direct marketing and marketing communications experience in high-growth organizations; healthcare industry experience highly preferred
- Experience using marketing automation technologies such as Pardot, HubSpot or Marketo; Salesforce experience preferred
- Experience managing and motivating a team
- A track record of engaging key stakeholders and motivating relevant communities
- Proven ability to translate marketing analytics and insights into actionable strategy
- Passion for healthcare, startups and innovation
- Bachelors degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field required; Masters preferred.
MATTER team members are united behind our mission to accelerate the pace of change of healthcare. Our employees are our most important asset in achieving this mission, and that's why we are proud to invest in our team. Our employees enjoy industry-leading benefits, including:
- Choice of numerous medical, dental and vision insurance plan options
- Opportunity to participate in a 401k and contribute to FSA plans for tax-free support of medical, child care and transit expenses
- Monthly cell phone stipend that is not taxed
- Unlimited paid time off, because we believe that time devoted to yourself and those in your life is fundamental to good health
- Annual company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Year's
- Flexibility to work from anywhere
Beyond our comprehensive benefits package, our employees have unparalleled opportunities to expand their professional careers and be part of a vibrant community seeking to improve healthcare for all. Additional perks of being part of the MATTER team include:
- Build an extensive professional network across the healthcare and entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Engage with some of the most innovative thinkers in healthcare innovation
- Grow your skills and knowledge with continuous learning, including dedicated company-wide time to learning each month and periodic workshops for our team
- Work with a diverse team that is passionate about our work and cares about each other
- Own your work as part of our small, dynamic team, with unbounded opportunities to stretch, learn and lead
- Be hands-on and part of building an exciting and mission-driven organization
We recruit people to join our team who are passionate about our mission and embrace our core values:
- Never stop experimenting (try. assess. learn. iterate. repeat.)
- Be the host (be warm, welcoming and gracious)
- Turn over rocks (stay perpetually curious and you’ll find treasures where you least expect them)
- Make others successful (by helping others, you help yourself)
- Speak your mind (be authentic and straightforward in your thoughts, words and deeds)
At MATTER, we believe collaboration is the best way to improve healthcare. The MATTER collaborative includes more than 700 current and alumni startups from around the world, working together with dozens of hospitals and health systems, universities and industry-leading companies to build the future of healthcare. Together we are accelerating innovation, advancing care and improving lives. For more information, visit matter.health and follow @MATTERhealth.
BusinessView all jobs at MATTER
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?