Sells products for MATHESON to business and industrial establishments or individuals at sales office, store, showroom or customer's place of business by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales and route sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with welding processes, equipment and deliveries.
- Attends trade shows.
- Performs inside sales when needed.
- Assists with semi-annual inventories.
- Assists co-workers and customers with technical welding questions.
- Assists in collecting outstanding account balances.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, vendors, managers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Driver's License
- Hazardous materials training and certification
- + Associate's degree in Welding Technology or related field from two-year college or technical school;
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training or;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Here are a few good reasons:
Compensation package including:
- Excellent Health Benefits Package; Medical, Dental, Vision
- Top-of-the-line 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off; Holidays, Floaters, & Sick
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Driver Referral Bonus
- Sales Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
Requisition ID: 2018-2510
Street: 1377 Cleveland Ave