Primary contact for walk-in and phone customers. Answer phones, email, fax and process shipping orders accordingly. Assess customers' needs and order items that are not in stock. Assist with overall daily operation of the store and address issues as they arise. Work with the outside sales staff in maintaining good customer relations while pursuing new opportunities.
LOCATION AND HOURS OF WORK Typical hours for this position are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and some Saturday hours at Matheson's retail branches. This is a full-time position.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives and processes customer orders via phone, fax, e-mail, or in person, for existing accounts.
- Telephone solicitation for customers with scheduled delivery days.
- Provides quotes or completes the sale, if campaign appropriate to directly gain new business.
- Communicates opportunities to sales representatives.
- Supports sales representatives' efforts to obtain and/or maintain customers.
- Probes and identifies problematic situations/opportunities that could protect or yield new business for MTG and communicates the information to the appropriate function for follow up.
- Receives and resolves customer complaints ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Creates shipping orders on line in a timely and accurate manner.
- Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or tickets merchandise.
- Manages requests for products, price and technical information.
- Assist in warehouse in shipping & receiving, inventory stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks.
- Maintains showroom cleanliness
- Creates and maintains item price/bar code stickers.
- Prepares counter quotations for customer requirements.
- Provides process and product knowledge and equipment demonstrations to store customers.
- Fill Propane and propylene cylinders as needed.
- Exchange gas cylinders with walk in customers.
- Reconciles cash sales daily.
- Comply with all DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate with diploma
- Prior industry experience is a plus but not required.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to establish and manage customer relationships
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to learn MTG's business/product types/organization/transaction systems
- Excellent Telephone Communications Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook E-mail).
Requisition ID: 2019-3140
Street: 91-163 Hanua St