Remote Technical Writer - Mid through Senior Experience
- Posted: over a month ago
Remote Technical Writer, Mid or Sr Level Experience
MATC Group, Inc. is a respected provider of technical writing, instructional design, and knowledge management services; proudly serving various industries including health care, legal, software, manufacturing, financial services, IT, and telecom since 2009. MATC Group is recognized for our analytical and results driven approach and has a proven track record of delivering the best results time and time again.
The ideal candidate for this role is a highly capable writer and editor. They enjoy taking complex concepts and turning them into written documentation that their audience can easily grasp. They have prior experience in Technical Writing, and preferably client-based writing where they have interviewed SMEs to develop a project. This person is looking for a role where they can work on highly diverse projects ranging from software documentation and how-to guides to instructor-led training programs. They are an expert in Microsoft Word and can use other software, including screen capture and graphics modification tools, to support the documents they are working on. As a plus, this individual will also have experience using Madcap Flare. Finally, the ideal candidate will also have a degree, although concentration is not critical.
As a Technical Writer, you would perform the following tasks:
- Develop and manage the delivery of various technical documents (e.g., user manuals, equipment specifications, testing protocols, etc.)
- Adapt and convey technical material in a concise and effective manner.
- Update and maintain existing documentation.
- Follow documentation processes.
- Review and edit content.
- Coordinate the display of related graphics.
- Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Technical Communications, Engineering and/or Science-related discipline with an emphasis on technical and/or process documentation or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- 2-8 years of experience writing technical and/or similar documentation.
- Prior experience in technical writing.
- Prior experience interviewing SMEs for a project.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts clearly and logically.
- Strong knowledge of the English language including rules and usage.
- Strong research skills including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, project managers).
- Experience in desktop publishing, screen capture, graphics modification, and using common authoring tools such as Adobe Acrobat and MS Office.
- Basic experience with Madcap Flare preferred.
This is a remote role.
MATC Group Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?