IT Business Analyst
Welcome to the exciting world of MAT Holdings, Inc. We are an entrepreneurial manufacturer and distributor leveraging a vast network of global and domestic resources to deliver quality and value to our customers.
You will find our products in home improvement centers, big box retailers, hardware stores and automotive parts chains. They can also be found in the automobiles you drive, the trailers you pull and the heavy duty equipment that operates all around you.Job Description
Based on a thorough understanding of the business objectives, the SAP Business Analyst will be primarily responsible driving improvement and implementing new functionality in MAT’s SAP system. The Business Analyst will use analytical tools, knowledge of best practices and a continuing study of new technologies and processes to design systems and processes that improve productivity, streamline business functions and solve problems identified by the business. This position requires expertise in SAP ECC 6.0 in the appropriate functional area (Sales and Distribution, Finance, Controlling, Materials Management, Production, Warehouse Management, etc). Cross functional experience, including other modules or areas of SAP, is highly recommended and valued.
- Analyze business processes and identify relevant systems based solutions alternatives and discuss these with business users. Work directly with users and management to build consensus on a solution and coordinate implementation activities. (Break/Fix)
- Collaborate with business leaders and key users to continuously improve business practices (New Processes)
- Prepare and execute test scripts for business process changes and upgrades
- Develop and maintain Design Documents, Training Documents, Business Process Documents, Flowcharts, and Strategic Decision Documents
- Develop technical specifications for system enhancements and do the subsequent SAP system configuration, testing and documentation
- Seek out opportunities for business process improvement with a focus on improved use of system to improve bottom line results
- Regular interaction with users to ensure they understand and are making full use of the system capabilities
- Assist in the technical preparation of Business Process Procedures, Test Scenarios, End-user documentation, and User manuals
- Troubleshoot user problems and implement solutions.
- Acquire new systems knowledge through research, reading and formal training.
- Knowledge of configuration in SAP, including ability to configure a new company or process from scratch as well as investigate/troubleshoot existing configuration.
- Analyze OSS Notes and determine applicability.
- Knowledge of SAP localization and processes to support local requirements
- Knowledge and experience in the use of ECATT, LSMW, Winshuttle or other data load process
- Knowledge and experience in the use of user exits and enhancements available in SAP to support unique business requirements.
- Limited debugging of the system, ability to analyze ABAP short dumps and resolve underlying causes. Knowledge of programming languages in general is a positive.
- Assist BI Analyst with Functional reporting requirements including writing of specifications, testing and end user training.
- Use of OSS and SDN to research/resolve problems and/or find new ways of using the systems
- Continually review new performance improvement documentation released by SAP and determine suitable ones for implementation.
- Transport management in R/3 landscape and assist with R/3 security & authorization implementation.
- Minimum of 5 years SAP configuration and implementation experience
- Multiple full life cycle SAP R/3 implementations
- Strong preference for functional experience in any of the following R/3 modules: Sales and Distribution, Finance and Controlling, Production Planning, Materials/Warehouse Management.
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Strong business acumen, preferably in logistics, warehouse/distribution and transportation areas.
- Must have good analytical, statistical and problem solving skills. Ability to write routine reports & correspondence.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills. Strong work ethic.
- Experience in MS Office, including Excel and Outlook
- Good interpersonal/customer relation skills; good verbal and written communications; ability to develop and implement strategic plans.
- Ability to direct and recommend cost-effective creative solutions.
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and quality.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including evenings and weekends; ability to travel overseas to our other locations for implementations.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Education - Bachelor’s degree.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
MAT Holdings, IncLong Grove, IL
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.