MASA Global is an undisputed leader in providing complete and affordable medical transportation solutions. Founded in 1974 as Medical Air Services Association (MASA), we have evolved into a global organization serving over 1,000,000 members worldwide. As we grow exponentially each year, our dynamic corporate team is looking for talented professionals to support our field sales and service operations.
We are currently looking for a Transportation Coordinator to join our critically important transport team. This position is responsible for coordinating emergent/ non-emergent transportation for our active members.
Job Duties and Responsibilities includes the following but is not limited to:
- Maintain working knowledge of all MASA & TRPP Service Agreements;
- Process claims with all supporting documentation saved and uploaded in PTS, including completing check request form;
- Complete services for emergency air evacuations, repatriations flights, commercial returns, and mortal remain transports;
- Verify policy is active and up to date;
- Coordinating emergent and nonemergent transports upon being advised from Sr. Coordinator, Transport Manager, or Director;
- Upon receipt of medical documents from a healthcare provider, medical facility, patient, or family, will coordinate appropriate medical and non-medical transportation;
- Communicate in writing, via email and verbally with all providers (funeral homes and emergency air providers) and document all communication and correspondence;
- Follow up with providers, dispatchers, members, case workers, social workers or medical staff on all active cases, including documenting response times and timeline on all emergency air evacuations and repatriation flights;
- Process incoming travel itineraries for members and send email confirmations as needed;
- Send DVM Letters for all claims monthly;
- Verify NITE RING is ON/OFF at the beginning and end of each workday;
- Assume On-Call responsibilities per department rotation;
- Maintains a current working knowledge of all company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and memorandums; and
- Maintain excel spreadsheet for transport department claims monthly.
Requirements and Proficiencies
- Paramedic, RN or Medical Flight Experience preferred
- 2-4 years customer service, claims processing and professional office experience preferred
- Associates of Arts Degree or higher preferred
- Strong telephone etiquette and communication skills required
- Excel, Microsoft, and PowerPoint skills required
- Bi-lingual preferred but not required
- Must have flexibility to occasionally work late or weekends as required
MASA GlobalMASA Medical Transportation Services is a division of MASA Global. MASA provides industry-leading Medical Transportation coverage for out of pocket expenses that impact families following the need for emergency medical transportation through a membership and insurance product. MASA works with different types of groups including employer groups to insure financial and health peace of mind for their employees by providing access to our product through employee benefits. Our headquarters is in Plantation, FL. We are passionate about our culture and offer team members rewarding opportunities in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.