System Engineer Senior
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced System Engineer Senior for a client in Wisconsin which is 100% remote role. Our client is a well-known and highly respected health care company seeking bright, tech-savvy talent. Join a strong, innovative, and growing team with impressive employee perks.Shift 1 - Start Time: 8am
- Parallel Sysplex
- RACF Security
- UNIX System Services
- zOS Operating System V 2.3 and above
- Looking for some system programmer experience as well (SMP, OS and System catalog experience).
Nice To Have
- AS400 security
- IBM AS400 Hardware
- Microsoft SQL 2000
- WebSphere MQ
Provides high-level technical support, planning, configuration, installation, and system administration for physical and virtual servers as well as operating system components. Administers and installs systems for the infrastructure to support application software, Local Area Network, and server operating systems virtually and remotely based on current defined technical standards. Assists management in evaluating and configuring technical requests and other technical staff and application users to effectively support and utilize systems. Provides guidance to others in the technical support of operating system components using specialized technical knowledge.
Mainly to support the mainframe and AS400 Platform.
This is a remote position, we are open to non local candidates.
Someone that is self motivated and ready to dive in and learn on the go and be comfortable working remote.
***We are looking for system programmer experience as well (SMP, OS and System catalog experience)
What does a Systems Engineer (z/OS Mainframe; AS400) do?
The primary purpose of the Sr Systems Engineer is to provide senior-level technical support (installation, implementation, administration, and maintenance) for all IBM z/Mainframe-based solutions and AS400 Series i. Work with senior team members to perform problem determination and resolution, capture and transmit system dumps, closely work with vendor's technical support, apply fixes and patches, coordinate testing and implementation of fixes and new versions, and work with other mainframe-based or midrange-based technical teams on production roll-out.
As a Systems Engineer (z/OS Mainframe; AS400)
Providing dump analysis and problem determination of root causes related to system problems or outages
- Participating in the installation, implementation, performance, trouble shooting tickets, testing and integrity of a large (shared and cluster queues) IBM z/OS Parallel Sysplex systems.
- Installing, maintaining and customizing operating systems and 3rd party system software
- Preparing and installing system software including OS and 3rd party packages by following vendor and location-specific installation procedures
- Working with internal customers to clarify technical requests, testing and validation, and project support needs
- Working with capacity and performance teams in proactively addressing potential performance issues impacting service levels
- Working with computer operations to quickly resolve incidents and automate operational processes such as IPLs, Cold Loads, and dump processing
- Supporting and participating in Disaster Recovery exercises
- Providing on-call support
- Ensuring availability and performance objectives, as required by customers and management are maintained for operating systems and for system software components.
- Providing informal project management for complex projects. Provide training to clients and colleagues.
- Assisting the Operations Engineering leaders in reviewing software requirements and establishing technical direction and business strategy for the department.
- Hands-on experience supporting IBM z/OS Mainframe Sysplex environment
- Knowledge of mainframe system performance and capacity planning
- Associates degree in Computer Science/Management or related field
- z/OS and MVS skills in IBM mainframe
- IBM zSeries Mainframes
- Experience performing system software installation, customization and problem determination
- Experience with JCL, UNIX Shell, and IBM system utilities
** Ideally someone willing to be on-call some weekends - but not a deal breaker if they are not willing.
Work environment may contain dust, dirt and noise.
Potential for exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards, and to patient care areas; therefore, must wear protective clothing as necessary.
Exposed to a normal office environment the majority of the time. Position will require off-hours support and on-call rotation.
Position requires travel. May be exposed to road and weather hazards. Operates all equipment necessary to perform the duties of the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
About MARS Solutions Group: MARS Solutions Group is a contingent staffing firm with access to a wide variety of jobs at various clients across the country. We operate with the consultant's best interests in mind and align them with roles that match their skills, aspirations, and interests. MARS values our relationships with consultants. Therefore, we will stay in touch throughout the duration of the contract to ensure the job is going well and that the role meets their career development needs.
MARS Solutions Group
TechnologyView all jobs at MARS Solutions Group