Executive Chef (Salary $70,000 - $75,000 based on Experience)
- Expired: November 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
At the Marriott Orlando Downtown Hotel, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests' well-being, and we're energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you're someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at the Marriott Orlando Downtown Hotel, together we can rise.
Please read position requirements. No Relocation offered with position.
POSITION & BENEFITS
Job Summary: The Executive Chef is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the hotel's food production, while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high-quality products and service levels. This includes all Culinary Operations of the following areas; 16,000 Sq. Ft of Meeting Space, Shade Bar and Grill, Starbucks and our M-Club. He/she is expected to provide training for all staff, meet corporate quality standards, establish and enforce food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Executive Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
- A 2-year, 3-year or 4-year culinary degree and at least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
- Previous supervisor responsibility is required.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Prior Brand Hotel Experience is required with Marriott Experience Preferred.
- Food Handlers License Required
- TIPS Certified is Required
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Always maintain a warm and friendly demeanor.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with AFP Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with AFP Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
MARRIOTT ORLANDO DOWNTOWN
FoodView all jobs at MARRIOTT ORLANDO DOWNTOWN
Get fresh Executive Chef (Salary $70,000 - $75,000 based on Experience) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.