Project Manager, Cell and Gene Therapies - Remote in US
- Posted: over a month ago
The Project Manager role with Marken is an opportunity to be on the frontline of healthcare innovation and to help facilitate the shipments and therapies aimed to save human life. This will change the face of medicine as we know it. In this role, the candidate will provide an enhanced level of customer support and operational support for movement of any cell and gene shipment through our Marken’s network and that of our parent company, UPS. As a Project Manager, you will work with our global GMP facilities and branches and a cross functional team to transition new studies, facilitate these movements, and serve as a single point of contact for client interaction. Project Managers will provide a superior level of monitoring, communication and coordination for these lifesaving therapies.
Location: This is a remote based role in the US (Los Angeles and Raleigh / Durham areas highly desired).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Director Project Management, this person will be responsible for successfully supporting the set up and operations as it relates to cell and gene shipments. This will include capturing client requirements during study start up and coordinating with the various Marken GMP facilities and branches to ensure all client expectations are communicated.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, establishing communication plans. Develops appropriate critical path schedules ensuring consensus of milestone dates consistent with business and client expectations and drives program completion in a timely manner.
- This role will serve as a single point of contact for the client to drive operational efficiencies, lead communication, and escalate issues.
- Lead client review calls and present at strategic client meetings.
- Develop excellent working relationships with internal departments –Operations, Customer Relationship Managers and the Customer Services Team and Overseas Marken offices/agents.
- Oversee shipments in Maestro against client specifications and pre-defined lane mapping. Ensure Branches and LSPs follow to the collection and delivery instructions.
- Develop Client Operating Procedures and help set up paperwork or checklists associated with cell and gene shipments.
- Working with trade compliance teams to ensure documentation is accurate, complete and attached to Maestro as defined in COPs and SOPs.
- Provide support and assistance when dealing with special requirements and inform internal teams where required.
- Manage own priorities, maintain metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Identify project barriers (resource constraints, capability gaps) and work with the Director Project Management to resolve accordingly.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities.
Required Skills and Qualification:
- Bachelors with Healthcare or Life Science degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 3+ years of project management experiences.
- Knowledge in Pharma, Medicine, or Logistics.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in dealing with people and speaking to clients.
- Experience in the courier or freight industry.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks.
- Must have an eye for detail and the ability to think on their feet.
- Organized and skilled in tracking with the ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- PC and Microsoft products experience a must.
Marken offers a state-of-the-art GMP-compliant depot network and logistic hubs for clinical drug product storage and distribution in 61 locations worldwide, while maintaining the leading position for Direct-to-Patient and Home Healthcare services, biological sample shipments and biological kit production. Marken’s dedicated 2,250+ staff members manage 150,000 drug product and biological sample shipments every month at all temperature ranges in more than 220 countries and territories and have orchestrated 14,000+ home healthcare visits. Additional services such as cell and gene supply chain services, ancillary material sourcing, storage and distribution, shipment lane verification and qualifications, as well as GDP, regulatory and compliance consultancy add to Marken’s unique position in the pharma and logistics industry.
Veteran and EEO Employer
TechnologyView all jobs at MARKEN LLP