Freelance Network Engineer for Live Events
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MAP Digital, Inc., a leading provider of software and network solutions for meetings and events, is looking for a freelance Network Engineer experienced with Cisco routing and switching products
The Network Engineer's role is to assist the Senior Network Engineer and other technical staff during the temporary build and operational support of LANs and WANs for large conferences in San Francisco, Boston, and Miami. The candidate can be based anywhere, but must be able to travel to these locations for approximately one week each. A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience with Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless devices is required. Any experience with Meraki switches and wireless devices would be desired. CCNA is preferred.
- 3+ years experience configuring and supporting Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless devices in a fast-paced production environment
- Experience with Meraki switches and wireless devices would be desired.
- Fundamental understanding of core Internet architecture and protocols: DNS, DHCP, ICMP, TCP/IP routing, NAT, VPN
- Fundamental understanding of ethernet switching concepts such as spanning tree, VLANs, VTP
- Experience with cabling infrastructure using both Cat5/6 and fiber optic technologies
- Ability to lift heavy objects such as routers (approx. 50lb)
- Ability to travel and work onsite for duration of events
- Ability to work under pressure and an understanding that “the show must go on"
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to collaborate with other teams
- Experience with enterprise wireless infrastructure a plus
- Understanding of AV, live webcasting, and event production a plus
Please no recruiters.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh Global Network Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.