Job ID: 1764
- Ensures adequate representation of Purchasing with its strategy and targets in cross-functional project teams
- Ensures that selection of suppliers is in alignment with the material group management enabling best use of know-how, innovations and cost optimization potentials coming from supplier base.
- Management of New Sourcing Pipeline to ensure on time supplier selection, within project budget
- Develops material cost tables for new part quoting activities, in alignment with Lead Buyers
- Tracks Project Profitability from project kickoff to project launch (Quote to SOP).
- Coordinates project specific sourcing activities and all purchasing related processes in a product , market project or development project with cross-functional project team members, Commodity Buyers, Lead Buyers, ASQ and MGM, also for global projects
- Overall responsibility for meeting project related material cost targets, project timing (achievement of xSEP milestones or WF deadlines), quality of components and timely tracking of all necessary data & facts in applicable documents and tools
- Ensures project related internal and cross-functional information exchange - especially with R&D and Project Management.
- Coordinates releases and launches of material / parts / tools during the project phases with ASQ and R&D
- Prepares and maintains the required project related documentation like project purchasing data sheet (IPPDS), project tacking tool and necessary documentation in CIM database and ensures correctness and up-to-dateness of these documents/data
- Provides purchasing input to the project core team and for other project key documents such as Risk Analysis and Feasibility.
- Cover Aftermakret and OE projects in NAFTA (US and Mexico)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration of related field
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in purchasing in international environment
- Experience in industrial companies or manufacturing enterprises
- Experience in Project Management
- Required Skills:
- Able to use Microsoft office tools and SAP
- Interdisciplinary management of teams
- Conflict Management Skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to travel international – up to 25%
- Preferred Skills:
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience in automotive sector
- Product costing experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.