Job ID: 1728
The Product Engineer is responsible for the product design and development for new products and maintenance of existing products for industrial, commercial and residential air filtration applications.
- Assist and direct in creation and revision of CAD drawings.
- Perform necessary and adequate engineering analysis of design systems and components using available analytical tools.
- Design product that will meet customer specifications.
- Redesign as required to enhance processability, improve product performance, or reduce cost without sacrificing product integrity.
- Review Make vs. Buy opportunities and design a "Make" version if feasible.
- Write Test Lab Service and Model Shop Service request to have prototypes built and tested in the model shop and test lab.
- Work with Manufacturing, Quality, Product Management and Sales relative to deviations, production problems, new product introductions, and advanced quality planning activities.
- Work with purchasing and suppliers to approve alternate vendors or materials.
- Work with customers and sales staff in support of developing new product.
- Write, approve, and process ECRs for the release of new product or the revision of current product.
- Assures employees are trained in and comply with LS&E Production Management Systems and established safety and environmental rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field
- At least 2 years of experience as a product engineer.
- Project Management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Fluent in (technical) English, written and spoken.
- Able to work closely with multi-functional and international teams.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong customer focus and innovation orientation
- Possesses technical excellence
- Experienced with filter manufacturer.
- Chemistry/Metallurgy minor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.