We are looking for a new addition to our leadership team. MAK Financial is a young accounting and tax firm that began in 2015 with the goal of being different. We value our employees and clients equally and pride ourselves on having a team approach. The firm makes a significant investment in technology to relieve our employees of tedious tasks that accountants are burdened with. Our investment in technology allows us to add more value to our clients' businesses and lives through valuable conversations and analytics. We support clients in the areas of tax compliance, outsourced accounting, and payroll. We are a growing firm that looks forward to employees and clients growing together.
What our team has to say about MAK: https://www.makcpa.com/employment_opportunities.php
What you'll do:
- Prepare Tax Returns & Review for closely held corporations, partnerships, and individuals.
- Represent Clients through Tax Audits, Respond to Letters,
- Apply tax planning strategies throughout the tax preparation process
- Communicate with clients to request information for the tax preparation process
- Tax Projects, delinquent return preparation, tax audit support
- Provide support to accounting staff as needed
- Workpaper Preparation & Development
- Support Accounting Staff as needed.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA a plus
- The desire to be part of a growing team and company with opportunities for growth
- 4 to 6 years of tax preparation experience
- Current Senior or Manager role with experience in developing and training staff.
- The drive to be with a growing organization
What our team members have to say about working at MAK Financial:
- Great flexibility
- Use of latest technology/mobile
- Modern workplace/environment
- Snacks (team Costco trips, Trader Joes, etc...)
- Team outings
- Diverse Culture
- Part of Leadership Team
Compensation: $75,000 to $120,000 (DOE)
Benefits: 95% Coverage of Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance.
Your track for success:
- First 30 days
- Week 1- Onboarding with the team, understanding current workflow, and processes.
- Week 2 to 4- Full integration of client responsibilities and duties and follow the set plan, onboarding new clients.
- Work with firm ownership to create internal controls to verify work is completed accurately and set team standards
- Quality control procedures are being reviewed and implemented
- Firm development of integration between tax team and accounting team for income tax preparation purposes.