Systems Engineer, DoD Program
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MAINSAIL Group has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to provide engineering support to the Air Operations Center (AOC), which is within the USAF Digital Directorate and located at Langley AFB, VA.
JOB STATUS: Full time
- Conduct reviews on program portfolio to evaluate and/or recommend alternative plans, improve systems engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain program technical baseline, and design/perform system level tests to assure that subsystems and system performance is achieved in accordance with approved specifications
- Perform program reviews to evaluate alternative proposed plans, systems engineering programs, design and test results to assure that subsystem and system performance is achieved in accordance with program specifications
- Prepare technical documents which define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics. Prepares management reports and conducts technical presentations for planning, implementation and corrective action using application of engineering economy principles
- Perform validation of systems, including development of criteria and procedures. Analyze and/or evaluate results of major engineering systems
- Provide system/program engineering, technical support and technical training to support programs/initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
- Provide engineering support services and inputs to program and project risk management activities in compliance with AF SEAM processes
- Provide engineering support to conduct formal trade studies based on engineering performance, effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, life cycle cost, producibility, reliability, maintainability, risk, and schedule.
- Provide technical recommendation support services, including reviews, studies, audits, evaluations and analyses, scientific and procedural guidance, documentation, technical analysis, and support of associated engineering IPTs.
- Review and analyze system concepts and user requirements that have been approved and entered into a system requirements baseline (functional, allocated, and product)
- Bachelors degree plus 6 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 3 of which must be in the DoD.
- Candidate must have an active US security clearance
- Demonstrated characteristics of a self-starter who is able to work independently and effectively interact with program team members and senior leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and SharePoint.
MAINSAIL Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.
MAINSAIL GroupWhy Work Here?
Fast growing government contracting technology company!
MAINSAIL Group is located in Boston, MA and Washington, DC. We leverage our extensive operational expertise and technical knowledge to provide best-in-class solutions to our customers. Our specialized services support offices across the Defense Department and Department of Veterans Affairs delivering Program Management, Software Development, Systems Engineering, C4ISR Systems Acquisition, Strategic Planning, Agile methodologies and more. MAINSAIL Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.