MAC GC-Electric is a general and electrical construction company looking for an experienced Construction Estimator. MAC has locations in CA, AZ, & NM. This position is located in Phoenix, AZ with the possibility of occasional travel to California and New Mexico. We offer competitive compensation and benefit package with bonuses based on performance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Perform a constructability analysis through the identification of design and constructability issues.
- Develop a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Liaison with subcontractors, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and client.
- Prepare detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost.
- Prepare and assemble bids and proposals for different contract types (lump sum, RS Means, Cost Plus, etc.)
- Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated.
- Prepare scope requisitions for assigned trades; coordinate trades to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Obtain and evaluate subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determine if scope is covered and manage risk of scope gaps.
- Work with operations staff to ensure that general conditions and general requirements items are properly addressed in the estimate.
- Make recommendations to Chief Estimator for contemplated expenditures.
- Supervise Assistant Estimating Engineers, Estimating Assistants and/or Interns as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of four years related experience or an equivalent combination of education of education, training and/or experience.
- Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, various construction methods and installation procedures, both electrical and general construction.
- Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Outlook suite of programs.
- Knowledge of Federal and Public Works processes desirable.
- Proficiency with Accubid and RS Means desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond.