M6P Therapeutics Saint Louis, MO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the position
M6P Therapeutics is looking for a Scientist to join our Molecular Biology Group. Reporting to the Director of R&D. the successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working to develop gene therapies for the treatment of various LSDs. This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative and dynamic company developing meaningful, best-in-class therapies to address unmet medical needs at an early stage.
Who will love this job
- Someone patient-focused - the goal of serving patients with LSDs guides our every decision
- A data enthusiast- you live for data integrity which you maintain through an unwavering attention to details and meticulous organization skills
- A problem solver- you are an effective scientist who enjoys tackling new challenges
- A collaborator- you enjoy working with your team to achieve the best results
- A student- you are intellectually curious and have a willingness to learn
- An entrepreneur- you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where you can make a real difference in people's lives
What you'll do
- Design and engineer enzyme sequence for gene therapy and enzyme replacement therapy
- Protein structure analysis using various tools
- Enzyme evolution for increased activity, stability, and/or specificity
- Independently design, engineer, and assemble protein expression constructs
- Work closely with team members to evaluate novel proteins for experimentally determined biochemical and biophysical properties
- Maintain organized and detailed records, SOPs, and data to support regulatory filings
- Present and discuss data clearly at internal meetings
You should have
- Ph.D. in relevant scientific discipline or Master's degree with 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong protein structure biology background
- Demonstrated molecular biology experience in DNA cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, gene knockout, and transient transfection
- Your own unique perspective and talents
Who we are
M6P Therapeutics is an early stage, well-funded, biotechnology company based in St. Louis, MO developing next-generation enzyme replacement and gene therapies for Lysosomal Storage Disorders (LSDs).
Our employees are central to our ability to achieve our goal of helping all patients with LSDs. Industry experts in rare disease drug development who excel in an entrepreneurial environment and value critical thinking, collaboration, and decisions grounded in science thrive at M6P.
For our employees, we offer a multitude of benefits from competitive salaries, bonus incentives, stock options, relocation assistance, medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible vacation, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, employee assistance resources, and a 401(k) plan.
We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment at M6P. We know that different perspectives make companies better and we are conscious of that in every business decision we make.
AddressSaint Louis, MO
ScienceView all jobs at M6P Therapeutics