Who are we?
Employee-owned, family-oriented, and a great place to grow your career. Our company-wide personal commitment to both clients and employees is simple: do the right thing and invest in long-term relationships. Together, we work to provide the highest standard of financial services and technology to deliver on our mission to drive hospitality company success. M3 helps make hospitality companies successful through technology that drives financial performance. Our software is the hotel accounting software used and trusted by the biggest names in the hospitality industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team! M3 is a Top 150 Workplaces winner named by the Atlanta Journal Constitution. We're located in a beautiful, new building in Gwinnett County, GA just off I-85 and Sugarloaf, complete with an employee gym, game area, open work environment filled with friendly, knowledgeable people.
Description Summary: This position is responsible for verification of Product, Server and Related Application Configurations and all supporting environments. Advanced troubleshooting of application and configuration elements working with support and Product teams to correct, mitigate, remediate or resolve same.
The duties listed below are the essential functions of this position, and they may change as the needs of the company demand. All associates are expected to do what is necessary to get the work done and to cooperate fully with their supervisor’s requests for additional or altered duties.
- Manage APIs, configuration changes, DataWatch / DataExport, and updating or creating supporting documentation for same.
- Troubleshoot and document configurations of systems.
- Respond to incoming cases of client services department as backup during peak times.
- Head problem resolutions requiring extensive analysis, troubleshooting and escalation to product development.
- Conduct extensive troubleshooting of backend databases and identify root cause of data issues.
- Understand engineering and investigate both platform and product issues.
- Respond and analyze complex inquiries of technical and functional nature not in routine and require deviation from standard procedures.
- Direct clients through issue resolution including customer meetings, status reports and updates.
- Identify, propose and enforce escalation process improvements.
- Adapt response and extensive research as per customer response.
- Record all customer contacts and activities in CRM system.
- Conduct software testing for performance, configuration and functions.
- Identify, analyze and write problems with program function, output, online screen and content.
- Produce software defect reports and maintain logged defects in respective TFS database.
- Provide contributions to central escalation knowledge base.
- Identify support tools gaps, enhance needs and propose solutions.
- Understand business requirements and accordingly develop configuration specifications.
- Provide technical support for system design, testing and implementation activities
- Analyze and resolve system defects and problems.
- Recommend system enhancements and upgrades for performance efficiency.
- Coordinate with QA team in optimize configuration processes.
- Coordinate deployment of builds across multiple environments.
- Troubleshoot configuration failures and issues in a timely manner.
- Review and recommend changes to configuration management processes.
- Develop process improvements to automate and streamline build processes.
- Resolve environment problems and suggest environment modifications to support system needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in a directly related position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, MIS or Computer Science highly preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have strong advanced troubleshooting skills in a technical setting. Knowledge of Accounting systems and Business Intelligence a plus.
- Must have strong SQL and Windows Server administrative skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills in English.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Specific certifications and trainings adding to the global experience of this profession are welcomed and desired, with preference given to certifications such as MCSE – Database Platforms and CCNA.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perform work on a computer for extended periods.
- Ability to travel in representing the company’s interests required.
- Ability to attend work and meetings with excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to bend and lift up to 25 lbs.