M.S. Automotive Sterling Heights, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Shift Supervisor
Reports to: Operations Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the production of parts to meet customer requirements
- Train and oversee machine operators, material handler, die setters and process technician as needed
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is complete
- Responsible for ensuring all safety requirements are followed during shift.
- Ensure that production quotas are met
- Trouble shoot production problems as needed
- Communicate needs of shift with production manager and human resources administrator as needed.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Five years or more of manufacturing related experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of injection molding process
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate in the English language – both written and spoken
- Must be able to read work instructions, use simple math and hand tools including impact wrenches
- Knowledge of different types of injection machines and related computers used for programming
- Use of overhead crane
- CMS for production entry
- Ability to effectively supervise staff
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Supervise staff of machine operators, die setters, material handlers and process technician
- Quality Policies
- General Safety including but not limited to personal protection equipment, fire, lock out/tag out, hazardous communication
- Hi Lo use to attain and maintain license
- Attain and maintain Crane license
- Company methods of production
- Scanner/Barcode scanning training
- In general light to moderate physical effort required
- May be required to lift heavy items occasionally
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, reach and move about the facility
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses must be worn at all times.
- Kevlar ‘cut’ gloves must be worn when using a knife
- Ear protection required when using large grinder
- Hard hat required when moving tools with overhead crane
- Work performed in manufacturing environment
- Can exceed 100 degrees F. in summer, some dust and smell from plastic processing.
AddressSterling Heights, MI
ManufacturingView all jobs at M.S. Automotive