Commercial Service Technician 3
- Posted: 17 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The selected candidate will be working as an Commercial Service Technician for M.C. Dean’s Service & National Accounts Group. This Group operates 24/7 - 365 to support our customers and is known for being the best in class for providing The Ultimate Customer Experience. We provide World Class support and training to our team members and have a family-oriented culture with primary focus on customer satisfaction, quality, and safety.
This is a regional service position that will require regular travel to cities in and around your area. You will be responsible for electrical installations, servicing basic electrical equipment and systems in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, and codes. You will be responsible for resolving the customer’s electrical problems in the highest professional and safe manner. You will be expected to present yourself in a clean and professional manner at all times.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, conduit, cable, equipment, components, and devices associated with electrical equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Installing, testing, troubleshooting, and maintaining, EMS systems, smart breakers, electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components.
- Inspecting installation sites and studying work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using test devices
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Directing and training workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
Qualifications / Skills Sets / Expectations:
- Eight (8) years of experience working in the commercial electrical service industry.
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug test
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Reliable Transportation
- Must have Excellent working knowledge of all electrical tools including testing equipment
- Must have good working knowledge using smart devises (smart phones, tablets, ETC..) comfortable using multiple web-based applications
- Must be committed to excellence and generate high quality work.
- Must wear OSHA approved boot length pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by seven (7) inches.
- Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must be able to perform 100% of all commercial electrical service technician duties.
Optional but preferred:
- Possess a journeyman's license or equivalent in the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Any other relevant certifications (ex. Lift and Ariel Training).
- NFPA 70E
- OSHA 30
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12-foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Combine pieces of information to form general rules or concussions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
The company’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems.
M.C. Dean is headquartered in Tysons, Virginia, and employs more than 5,100 professionals who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability.
M.C. DeanWhy Work Here?
Great Benefits, Paid Holidays, Accrued PTO and Room for Advancement with a World Class Company.
M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence®. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises. The company’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean is headquartered in Tysons, Virginia, and employs more than 5,100 professionals who engineer and deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability.