FIRE ALARM TECHNICIAN 3 - DC METRO
Location:Washington Metro Area- MD/VA/DC
M.C. Dean isBuilding Intelligencein the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
The Fire Alarm Technician 3 supervises and performs FA system upgrades and installations, provides advanced troubleshooting and complex programming.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform high level troubleshooting of fire alarm systems of all makes and models;
- Perform complex programming of FA systems;
- Perform complete site survey for FA system upgrades and new installations; identify needs to bring system up to Code.
- Perform intermediate level calculations including battery, NAC panel and system standby;
- Create redline drawings for as-built preparation;
- Troubleshoot complex networked fire alarm/mass notification systems;
- Develop PITCO plan and lead PITCO process;
- Create submittal packages for permits;
- Develop as-built drawings;
- Lead installation projects for FA system upgrades and new installations.
- Supervise and train crewmembers on-site.
- MS Office Suite of products
- Calculations - Battery Sizing, Voltage Drop
- Silent Knight FA programming software
- Keypad programming for various FA Systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE OR EQUIVALENT
- 8 years of experience in Fire Alarm or
- 2 years technology degree and 6 years of experience in Fire Alarm
- High School Diploma (required)
PHISICAL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lift at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time;
- Relocate a 12 foot stepladder without assistance;
- Work at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders;
- Walk, climb, lift, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull and reach overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools;
- Work overtime as directed by supervisor;
- Must be willing to work on M.C. Dean, Inc. projects anywhere;
- Must be able to pass a background check;
- Must be able to pass random drug screening;
- Must have valid driver's license, good driving records to operate a MC Dean vehicle as part of this job requirement;
- Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment;
- Advanced troubleshooting including researching online, system manuals to resolve problems;
- Knowledge of NFPA 72, NEC, Fire Alarm System Theory, OSHA Requirements, and Industry Standards for Fire Alarm systems installation.
- NICE Fire Alarm Systems Level II
OTHER DESIRED&CONTRACT REQUIRED SKILLS
- US citizenship.
- Ability to obtain US clearance.
- Above average level of attention to detail and professional work ethic.
- Commitment to excellence and a high quality of work.
- Ability to function in a controlled, effective manner under stress.
- High level of customer service.
- Strong desire to continuously increase your skill set and take on more responsibility.
- Above average communication skills with customers, other field personnel, office staff and sub-contractors
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership skills
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/DisabledVEVRAA Contractor