MSI is looking for a skilled professional to fill our Operations Manager position in our Edison, NJ location.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to do the following:
· Responsible for assuring all shifts and functions are properly staffed to execute varied work volume, manage flow of orders to the floor to optimize operation for approximately 12 employees in an 80,000 square foot facility.
· Develop, maintain and manage facility quality process.
· Ensure on-time shipping performance; work closely with supervisors and managers to ensure receipts and shipments meet standards.
· Manage daily/weekly/monthly quality and productivity reporting.
· Supervise realignment activities to ensure maximum optimization of the facility.
· Manage operational activities to ensure DC layout and continuous improvement activities support goals of the operation.
· Provide direct supervision to the shift supervisors. Hold them accountable for their performance and the performance of their teams.
· Provide Leadership, training, and supervision to 10-20 team members.
· Continuously work towards increasing the leadership capability of the team and drives professional growth.
· Responsible for all facility/equipment maintenance and supplies.
· Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment and overseeing safety compliance.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and Experience requirements:
· Must have a minimum of 5 years of supervisory/management experience.
· Must have supervised at least 10+ team members.
· Must have 5 years of Distribution Center Operations experience.
· Lean Manufacturing principles highly desired.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
· Related industry experience; natural stone, tile or hard flooring industries preferred.
· Capable of presenting operational data to the business and leadership team.
· Demonstrated ability to drive cultural change while improving efficiencies and processes. Ability to adapt quickly to changing business needs.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of Distribution and Warehouse Management applications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's Degree with emphasis on Logistics or Operations Management
· Five (5) to Ten (10) years of specific relevant work experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· Demonstrated leadership and managerial abilities.
· Goal-oriented with proven record of self-motivation and achievement. Strong proactive with strong analytical skills.
· Uses creativity to seek quality solutions and process improvements.
· Demonstrated teamwork skills across entire organization.
· Must have excellent People Management and Time Management skills and abilities.
· Solid interpersonal skills to effectively interact at all levels across functions.
· Proactive and able to manage ambiguity effectively. Ability to conceptualize and think strategically.
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
If you possess the required skills and experience, we would love to meet you!
You can learn more about us online at www.msisurfaces.com or submit your resume at https://www.msisurfaces.com/careers/Search?ln=Edison%2C+NJ
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check and drug test.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for this position. Please do not apply unless you meet all requirements.
Founded in 1975, MSI is the leading supplier of premium surfaces in the U.S. - including flooring, countertops, decorative mosaics and wall tile, and hardscaping products. The company offers an extensive selection of quartz, natural stone, porcelain, ceramic, luxury vinyl tile and glass among other materials. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI has distribution centers across the United States and Canada and maintains over 150 million square feet of inventory, imported from over 36 different countries on six continents. For more information on MSI, visit msisurfaces.com.