M S International, Inc. Jessup, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Summary: The Operations Supervisor is directly responsible for the day to day supervision of the warehouse floor, assigning the work schedule to the team members, and supervising the time management of the warehouse shipments.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
· Proficient in MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
· Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with company leadership
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously to effective completion
· Use both qualitative and quantitative analysis methods to define and solve problems
· Ensure day to day warehouse shipments are completed in a timely manner
· Maintain a safe work environment
· Maintain a clean and hazard free warehouse operation
· Supervise and operate forklift and team members
· Safely receive and unload inbound cargo containers and team members
· Perform additional duties as required and or requested
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree and/or college coursework preferred.
· One to Two years of supervisory experience.
· Forklift experience a plus.
· Familiarity utilizing mobile devices in a fast paced work environment
· Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
· Strong leadership skills
· Uses creativity to seek quality solutions and process improvements
· Demonstrated ability to drive cultural change while improving efficiencies and processes
· Ability to adapt quickly to changing business needs
· Proactive and able to manage ambiguity effectively
· Ability to conceptualize and think strategically
· Capable of presenting operational data to the business and leadership team
· Provide high level of customer service
· Good organizational skills
This role has the following physical demands:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
· The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
· Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
· Annual pay increases
· Paid Time Off
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
· Company-paid Life Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
· Charitable donation matching programs
· Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring, countertop, wall tile, and hardscaping products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of quartz, porcelain, ceramic, LVT, natural stone and glass products imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.
M S International, Inc.Why Work Here?
Join MSI, the recipient of the Top Work Places award!