Junior Database Administrator (DBA)
M S International, Inc. Orange, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: Performs duties to analyze, design, develop, test, implement, maintain, and support application databases and their related test and production environments
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
· Monitor performance of database systems resources and query throughput
· Optimize SQL Code as necessary
· Monitor and maintain database storage resources
· Monitor and maintain database maintenance plans for backups, index rebuild/defragment, and database statistics
· Maintain database documentation as required
· Maintaining the tuning, indexing and performance of our existing database infrastructure
· Perform database Ad-hoc backups and restores
· Trouble shoot and resolve database connectivity and performance issues
· Scheduling jobs and job monitoring
· Assist in testing new or changed software/database processes and procedures before they are released to users.
· Follow Change Management processes to implement database changes
· Proactively monitor and respond to database Alerts.
· Ad-Hoc SQL Queries. Maintenance of existing SQL processes and procedures
· Assist with periodic changes, adjustments, or fixes to the existing queries, stored procedures, and SSIS packages
· On-call requirements to ensure 24 x 7 support of database operations
· Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
· Be a source of design insight as it relates to aesthetics, usability, web standards, accessibility and SEO
· Closely follow trends and developments in technology and integrate them into our environment and practices
· Execute all design
- Collaborate with product, interaction and team on project requirements
- Conduct user research and evaluate findings
· Performs additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and Experience requirements:
· 1 - 3 years’ experience in Information Technology, MS-SQL Server Database Administration
· At minimum an intermediate working knowledge of SQL (T-SQL)
· MySQL/Postgres is a plus
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Motivated self starter
· Academic background in Computer Science or Engineering is a plus * Strong organizational, analytical, and collaborative skills.
· Provide "after hours" support as required
· Able to work well with other team members
· Excellent documentation skills
· Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solutions
· Ability to work under time constraints
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
This role has the following physical demands:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
· Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
· Annual pay increases
· Paid Time Off
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
· Company-paid Life Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
· Charitable donation matching programs
· Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring, countertop, wall tile, and hardscaping products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of quartz, porcelain, ceramic, LVT, natural stone and glass products imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.
M S International, Inc.Why Work Here?
Join MSI, the recipient of the Top Work Places award!