Senior Program Manager - Digital Transformation
M Powered Strategies is seeking individuals who have a proven ability to consult federal clients undergoing digital transformation to mature cybersecurity and cloud practices. The senior program manager must be an expert in change management, and focused on building client capacity plus adapting the overall program’s strategy to shifting requirements in a dynamic environment. The program manager will guide, advise, and educate government leads on cybersecurity and cloud strategies and best practices based on the collective expertise of the consultant team. Additionally, the program manager will be responsible for leading the consultant team efforts and ensuring that all elements of the change plan are working in harmony.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cybersecurity and cloud best practices in the Federal government, coupled with program and organizational change management skills.
The following general skills needed to be successful in this position include:
Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Expert in program and portfolio management practices and disciplines. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation. May supervise others.
- Lead a technology services program change plan to mature cybersecurity operations for a federal agency, to include migration to managed services, Office 365, and the cloud.
- Champion innovation and change in cybersecurity capabilities and related risk management activities.
- Lead a contract team (20+ personnel) comprised of technical SMEs and policy analysts to deliver and implement cyber and risk-related strategies and maturation projects.
- Act as the primary point of contact with senior federal stakeholders agency on all technical program matters, including collaboratively designing and planning the rollout of cybersecurity and cloud initiatives.
- Support digital transformation initiatives through aligning security architectures.
- Achieve program financial goals, managing costs and performance effectively.
- 10+ years with a BS/BA or 6+ years with a Masters.
- Able to pass a background check to obtain a Public Trust (High-Risk) Position.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Active/Current PMI PMP or PgMP Certification, or commensurate education.
- Experience with organizational change management for Federal clients.
- Experience managing Federal contracts for technical services. Background in cybersecurity, managed technology services, and/or cloud services.
- Management experience providing technical advice and organizing, planning, directing, and managing a team (20+ personnel with a mix of employees and subcontractors) with a variety of labor categories and skills to ensure goals and objectives are achieved in a timely and quality manner.
- Experience in risk management, issue identification and resolution/problem-solving.
- Experience with the NIST Risk Management Framework and SP 800 issuances, continuous monitoring, and information system security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Strong client engagement experience with ability to successfully navigate the dynamics of a federal government-related work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive, responsive, and organized
- Demonstrated ability to produce polished work products
Nice to have’s
- Leading cybersecurity certification (e.g., CISM, CISSP, CCSP, CGEIT, CISA or equiv.)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
For this contract position, M Powered Strategies is working in partnership with ConQuest Federal, a wholly owned subsidiary of United Data Technologies. Our companies form one team committed to supporting IT services for our federal clients implementing new cloud and cyber technologies. Together, our team boasts a combination of technical expertise and change management capabilities that empower our clients to implement innovative solutions that advance their mission objectives and improve their cybersecurity posture. We are looking for candidates with this “one team” mindset who will dedicate themselves and their expertise to best serve our client.
MPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its business activities including recruiting and selection. We are committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment for employees, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.