Human Resources Generalist
M/I Homes has been building new homes of outstanding quality and superior design for more than 40 years. Founded in 1976 by Irving and Melvin Schottenstein and guided by Irving's drive to always "treat the customer right," we have fulfilled the dreams of over 140,000 homeowners and grown to become one of the nation's leading homebuilders. M/I Homes started as a family business and grew into a national leader in a single generation with divisions in 16 markets, including Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Orlando, Raleigh, San Antonio, Sarasota, and Tampa.
Job Summary: Perform a wide range of HR duties to help support and drive the goals of the HR team. Supports the HR department in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations as well as assisting with daily operations to achieve compliance and effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for responding to all unemployment claims and attending hearings as needed.
- Complete employment verification requests.
- Cover the Front Desk as needed.
- Work with HR Managers to develop and update training for LMS platform.
- Assist HR Manager team with onboarding plan creation and inclusion in LMS.
- Responsible for posting open positions and supporting the recruiting and sourcing of candidates.
- Assist with the upkeep and development of HR policies, including the employee handbook.
- Work with Divisions and/or members of the HR team on matters of compliance and information tracking.
- Run reports out of the HRIS system to help support effective decision making and to identify emerging trends.
- Assist in the creation and sending of new hire offer letters. Serve as back up for PSR's.
- Proof PSR's after they are keyed. Serve as backup to key changes in HRIS systems.
- Help answer employee questions related to various HR matters.
- Assist with compensation bonus calculations and plan distribution.
- Responsible for ordering and distribution of Service Awards.
- Responsible for certain aspects of Annual Awards, such as: ordering/sending trophies and certificates; tracking event details; and organizing calculations.
- Responsible for registration of all career fairs and attending select career fairs.
- Assist HR Managers with employee relations and various project support for organization.
- Assist VP, CHRO with diversity, equity and inclusion program company wide.
- Assist other HR disciplines such as benefits, compensation, payroll and file room during busy times.
- Provide input into department processes and efficiencies.
- Assist in processing of department invoices
- Other duties as needed
Minimum Education Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-4 years of progressive HR experience as a generalist
- Knowledge and understanding of HR policies, procedures, as well as Federal & State regulation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Takes initiative and is self-motivated.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong team orientation and ability to build collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Project management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Position will report to Director of Human Resources.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and paid holidays, paid parental leave, traditional and Roth 401(k) options, profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
M/I HomesColumbus, OH
BusinessView All M/I Homes Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.