Financial Reporting Staff Accountant
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
M/I Homes has been building new homes of outstanding quality and superior design for more than 40 years. Founded in 1976 by Irving and Melvin Schottenstein and guided by Irving's drive to always "treat the customer right," we have fulfilled the dreams of over 140,000 homeowners and grown to become one of the nation's leading homebuilders. M/I Homes started as a family business and grew into a national leader in a single generation with divisions in 16 markets, including Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Orlando, Raleigh, San Antonio, Sarasota, and Tampa.
Entry level position. Will assist the Director of Financial Reporting in the preparation of all SEC filings. Will also assist with lease data collection and analysis, competitor benchmarking, and any other special projects or ad hoc analyses, as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of all SEC filings including the Form 10K, Form 10Q, and Form 11K.
- Assist with segment analysis, competitor benchmarking, and other financial analyses.
- Participate in special projects, including procedures for debt/equity offerings, process improvement, and acquisitions, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting required. GPA (or accounting GPA) of 3.0 or above required.
- No minimum experience required, although internship/experience in related field preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Aptitude for learning new software programs and other applicable technology.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Display excellent written and strong oral communication skills
- Adapt to change easily and participate in a group/team environment
- Ability to influence and encourage others
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate strong organizational and planning skills
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Office environment (full-time in person, remote not available)
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and paid holidays, paid parental leave, traditional and Roth 401(k) options, profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
M/I HomesColumbus, OH
Finance and InsuranceView All M/I Homes Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.