M. Holland is a leading international distributor of materials, service and solutions to the thermoplastics industry, providing suppliers with the most strategic channels to market, offering innovative sourcing and supply chain solutions to its clients, and providing talented people with rewarding career opportunities. Since 1950, a deep commitment to personal relationships has formed the core of the company’s heritage, its culture, and its vision. Headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois, M. Holland sells in excess of 1.5 billion pounds of plastic resin to more than 4,000 clients in 50 countries annually. The company is serious about its brand statement ‘’ We Take Plastics Personally” -- and it is committed to transforming the plastics experience for clients, suppliers and its people.
The Event Specialist will work both independently and collaboratively with the Marketing team to plan and execute meetings and events. They will act as the subject matter expert for all M. Holland events and meetings. This role reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
Holland’s Trade Show Management
- Create and Manage the project plan for trade shows/events
- Negotiate costs and services with vendors and manage trade show budget
- Manage the planning and logistics for each event, including but not limited to, booking event space, arranging F&B, ordering supplies, coordinating AV, managing room blocks, and shipping booth and supplies
- Coordinate with marketing team to develop communications, graphics, invitations, talking points, collateral, etc.
Holland Annual Business Conference planning and execution
- Negotiate and manage venue, vendor and reception contracts
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to execute cohesive theme, programming and related activities
- Work with the Marketing team to organize and manage the invitation, registration and attendee check-in processes
- Coordinate all program elements leading up to and onsite, including accommodations, venue, activities, transportation, F&B, signage, promotional items and all other conference-related deliverables
- Manage staff responsible for event coordination and execution
General Meeting and Reception planning and execution
- Arrange the filming and production for quarterly virtual town hall meetings and webinars
- Act as the point person for meetings, receptions and functions
- Provide support as needed at golf events and seminars
Reporting & Analytics
- Track per-show costs and maintain event budget
- Lead tracking and reporting
- Post-show recap and reporting
Knowledge & Skills
- 5-7 years of experience
- BA in Marketing, English, or Business Administration strongly preferred
- Strong project management and communication skills required
- B2B marketing experience preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with social media a plus
- Some travel required
Please examine more about the M. Holland Company at www.mholland.com.
M. Holland is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.