Sr. Mechanical Engineer – Facilities Design
Our client is seeking a Senior Mechanical Facilities Engineer to provide HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection design for industrial, institutional and government facilities. .
The successful candidate will provide HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection design for High Performance Facilities for a variety of projects. Tasks will include engineering calculations, equipment selection and layout, ductwork and piping sizing and layout, LEED documentation and calculations, interdisciplinary coordination and participating of QA/QC process. Part time efforts will be devoted to site inspection and construction administration. This position is primarily a leadership role and will be part of a design team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) / Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited Program.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years related experience.
- Required Certifications: P.E. (Professional Engineer) license or the ability to obtain within twelve(12) months.
- Specific experience with Unified Facilities Criteria used for Department of Defense Facilities is preferred.
- Must understand the importance of Business Development, project management for A-E firms, managing to fee and demonstrate skills in a multi-discipline teams.
- Position requires the ability to manage other engineers and designers.
- Experience interfacing with client contacts.
- LEED Accredited Professional certification is desired.
- Strong experience with thermal load calculation and energy modeling for mechanical systems.
- Strong experience in calculating and sizing of mechanical equipment including AHUs, fans and pumps.
- Strong experience in sizing and laying out ductwork and hydronic piping systems.
- Local candidates strongly preferred.
- Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship.
- Must be willing to work in a design team environment, including directing the work of junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required as well as take design direction from senior-level engineers.
- Interdisciplinary coordination
- Develop flow diagrams and control diagrams
- Size and layout ductwork, hydronic and plumbing piping systems
- Lead QA/QC processes
- Proficient with codes, standards and guidelines
M Force Staffing