Product Application Engineer will work with customers, and suppliers to manage product application projects and manage new product development projects. Must have experience working with outside customers in Pre-Sales applications and Post-Sales support.
- Communicate with customers (OEM) to handle application of product with customer product.
- Travel to customer sites to identify new projects and work with customer and internal Engineering department to work through customer requirements, fit, and reliability.
- Responsible for new projects and minor changes
- To control and verify design requirements
- Development planning with schedule
- Design review
- Design verification by test, calculation, or other methods.
- Confirmation of design validation
- Design changes required by other departments, Customer, and Suppliers
- Support of quality problems and cost down for production.
- Assist in correction of design or function related to production and/or quality problems with respect to client products.
- Feed information from customer (OEM) back to Research and Development department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Agricultural Engineering preferred.
- Experience working with customers to identify new projects and working with projects through entire life cycle of the project.
- Damage and reliability calculations and stress-strain analysis.
- Computer skills to include MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-Outlook Express.
- Experience in design concepts (i.e. material selection, stress calculations, GD&T etc.)