M Chest is a Long Term Care (LTC) pharmacy providing pharmaceutical services to skilled and senior care facilities in Texas. We focus on excellent service to our customers, so they can focus on their patients and residents. Our employees that thrive in a fast pace, customer focused operation are the key to our success.
To provide quality pharmaceutical services to long-term-care and institutionalized residents, under the direction and supervision of the Pharmacist-In-Charge (PIC). Directly oversees daily management of order entry, census management, compliance and customer service tasks and the personnel in the order entry and customer service departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee Order Entry daily workflow and monitor efficiency
- Ensure the order entry department processes orders accurately, completely and timely
- All new and refill orders are processed and verified
- Work queues and folders are managed in a timely manner to ensure production and shipping standards are met
- New admissions are entered and set up according to procedures
- Monitor throughput and errors to identify areas for process improvement
- Recruit, hire, train and retain personnel into the order entry and customer service departments.
- Approve scheduling of technicians and pharmacists for complete coverage of all shifts.
- Achieve daily workflow goals in throughput and quality to meet shipping deadlines.
- Prepare and deliver performance feedback and evaluations, to include coaching and formal reviews for supervisors in the departments
- Oversee monitoring of high cost medications. Documenting substitutions and alternatives, cost saving impacts for customers, and approvals by designated personnel
- Coordinate with Production, Inventory and Shipping departments to ensure all daily goals are met
- Work with Sales/Service team to effectively communicate with customers and resolve customer issues
- Work with facilities on completing patient, prescriber and facility information
- Participates in operational improvement projects and training
- Oversee data integration for new facilities.
- Diagnose operational challenges and deliver impactful solutions in real time
- Drive operational improvements and related metrics
- Assist PIC with upcoming audits
- Bachelors degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy or PharmD
- MUST have current, unrestricted licensure in the state of Texas
- 5 years experience at a long-term-care environment preferred
- Leadership and supervisory experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills; ability to quickly identify problems and find effective solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer skills; experience with Microsoft Excel and Word preferred
- Ability to multitask and complete jobs without supervision
- Ability to work and produce results under pressure.
- Ability to promote teamwork and professionalism.
- Must be dependable and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.