Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade...
...What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson Engineering Services is currently seeking an Engineer II - Network / SCADA position in our Minneapolis, MN, Fargo, ND, or San Antonio, TX offices. This position is responsible for the technical design and programming of the Network and SCADA systems of substations through 500 kV. Candidate will be responsible for working closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate overall design package and requirements. They will be responsible for performing a broad scope of engineering assignments of moderate difficulty requiring knowledge in engineering-related disciplines. With some technical oversite, the engineer will learn to evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria by using judgment in making adaptations and modifications and providing interpretations and conclusions with support from other Engineers. We are looking for a network specialist with Cisco hardware and software configuration certifications. Candidate will have understanding of network design and programming and will be responsible for network designs for high voltage power systems.
- Responsible for the Network / SCADA engineering aspects on substation design and pursuit projects
- Duties include the areas of Network design and programming (LAN/WAN), SCADA design and programming, Field SCADA Integration, Field Network integration, and troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of discipline specific technical designs, engineering principles, business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Works with direction from Engineering Lead, Principal Engineer, or Engineering Manager.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, Project Managers, and Design Phase Managers to successfully deliver design projects.
- Provides technical support to personnel/cross functional teams supporting the assigned project by performing moderate level engineering calculations, data analysis, and engineering tasks.
- Assist field personnel in resolving unanticipated site conditions.
- Review and approve equipment vendor drawings on major equipment from manufacturers with Lead Engineer or Manager review and approval.
- Implement plans to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems.
- As necessary, provides engineering support for proposals, estimating, procurement and construction.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Review of engineering work produces a first-time review rate of documents at 75% correct.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and Mortenson QA/QC procedures.
- Creates detailed designs aligned with our customer requirements and Mortenson's best practice standards.
- Verify that the designs that are constructed agree with the electrical engineering design drawings, including preparatory meetings, and QA/QC.
- Develops, under supervision, the technical requirements and standards for fabrication and construction tender packages.
- Has knowledge of software programs and protocols: IEEE 61850, IEC 61131-3, SEL, ABB & GE platforms, DNP, Modbus, Bluebeam Revu, Microsoft suite of products, etc. is desirable but not required.
- Has experience with routers, managed switches, LAN development, WAN development.
- Has experience with integration and debug of programs in a substation or industrial environment.
- Moderate Project Management and analytical problem-solving skills.
Graduate of four-year college or university with Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Bachelor of Science Electrical Computer Engineering (BSECE) with power courses or related Engineering program. Strongly preferred the degree is from a school of engineering with curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum.
- Experienced in engineering theories and principles.
- Experienced in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Engineering-in-Training (EIT) certification or achievement of their EIT within 6 months of entering the position with the ability to obtain a Professional Engineering (PE) license.
- Minimum two (2) years related work experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Can't find a specific job to refer your friend? Please Click here!
EEO is the Law - Mortenson EEO Policy - E