Firearm Testing and Development Technician - Veteran Owned & Operated Firearms Company
M*CARBO Clearwater, FL
- Expired: August 08, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Opportunity to play a pivotal role as a member of a fast growing company made up of highly motivated self-starters. Veteran Owned and Operated Firearms Company seeks an energetic, reliable person with a Gunsmithing background and advanced experience troubleshooting firearms.
Our Team Believes In:
- Continuous Improvement to be the best version of ourselves each day.
- Rolling up our Sleeves no matter your level in the organization to get the work done each day.
- We believe in being honest with ourselves, our customers and each other.
- Our customers rely on our ability to be creative and to think "outside the box".
- Our work is our art and you will demonstrate attention to detail, pride and the highest quality behind every customer account and each project we work on.
- We learn by experience and we are not afraid of failure if we're trying, learning and moving forward.
Firearm Testing and Evaluation Team Member is a Full-Time position with PTO.
Job Duties for Firearm Testing and Evaluation Team Member Include the Following:
- Assist in the development of new products.
- Responsible for implementing best practices for identifying the root cause of performance problems.
- Develop and conduct test procedures to validate concepts, direct and coordinate testing.
- Record all required data from measurements and observations.
- Write summary reports for all product development.
- Participate in design reviews, assuring that products meet the overall design objectives and are producible, have no safety flaws, and are saleable.
- Will be expected to independently evaluate, select, and adapt situations, and modify techniques, procedures, and criteria to solve problems encountered.
- Solicit input of perceived/actual needs/ideas for developing new product/program.
- Individual projects, work to be done, priorities and deadlines are established by the Project Manager
- Keep abreast of general work issues, forecast trends, and identify opportunities for improvement of established programs.
- Follow firearm safety procedures and maintain security of weapons.
- Provides technical assistance to staff.
- Problem-solving/solution-oriented mindset and initiative. Analyze issues and determine a solution quickly.
- Ability to read engineering prints.
- Ability to use digital calipers, micrometers, and gauge pins.
- Expert understanding of firearms and how they function.
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repair background, encouraged to apply.
- Understanding of technical aspects of the product.
- Must be attentive to detail.
- Time management, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
- Organization and research abilities.
- Self-starter and self-motivated to implement action.
Powered by JazzHR